Part 11: Comfort

He lies upon the dark crimson couch still passed out in his sleep in some comfortable black clothing.  A dim light flickered on from above as you were given back your baby from the inspector.  

.

.

.

Zenigata leaves out the door as the police sirens wailed.  Goeman sat in his room alone meditating in silence as you placed your baby in the dark crib rocking it to sleep.  

   The crib made small creaking noises against the wooden floorboards.  Turning you walk over and sat on your knees at the marksman's side.  Brushing your thumb over his cheek and lips.  He groaned weakly.

Jigen: Y/N...

Y/N: Daisuke~?

Jigen: Arfgh....I should have never g-gone after that stupid crown...

Y/N: You're the toughest one and wisest of them all to have it.  If we hadn't stopped those guys you would've been dead and the army would've grown.

Jigen: My back... stings like a bitch!

Y/N: I know, Im so sorry baby.

Jigen: Its fine, its fine, but goddamnit they kept on tickling me, slashing me with the whip, and trying to tear my limbs apart.  URgfhh-I'm like a crippled old man.

Y/N: You'll have to lay back and relax, try not to move around too much.

Jigen: Guess I could smoke a drag and drink while I'm at it.  Helps numb the pain.

Y/N: Whatever you say Ji-Ji.

You turn and look to Goeman's room as he sat in front of the window, Zantesuken at his side, where the moonlight illuminated upon his pale tranquil face.  You approach the samurai and leaned against the doorway.

Goeman: Such a dark world is no place for an infant.

Y/N:  We don't have a choice, the world's a dangerous place out there anyways.

Goeman: Daisuke Jigen treks among a path of ice, cold as a blizzard.  He's been very grave and serious about protecting you, but yet still influenced by his ambitions of Lupin.  The crown drew him into a horrendous situation.  It was necessary unfortunately.

Y/N: No Lupin either, where did he go?

Goeman: That I do not know.  Nor do I have any idea if Fujiko is still alive, which I assume she is.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

.

.

You helped Jigen into the bathtub, removing his white towel from around his waist, he sank down in the luke-warm water, he hissed feeling the pain in his back.  

   You placed his dark hat on the ground beside you and grab a soft soap loofa.  Adding some soap and water you brushed it gently across his scarred back.  

   The gunman whimpered biting down on his cigarette.  

Jigen: Augh, careful sweetie I'm slashed raw y'kno.

Washing off the soap you then go over his back and shoulders sitting on the side of the bathtub.  Then you tell him to lay back on his back in the tub.  His neck leaned back, his eyes closed as he took out the cigarette.  You take it from him and put it in the trashcan.  

   You then go over his bruised cheek bone dabbing it with a cold towel.  He grit his teeth again.  Then you take a small cup, scoop up some of the water and dump over his head.