20

entry #20

walking into the same old cafe stop. it was considered a tourist spot and also just a generally lovely spot in town after years of hard work to get to this point. luckily, she was a known regular and was basically friends with the staff at this point. "good morning sungchan," she chirped with a soft smile.

"well if it isn't the bubblegum head. looking good with the touch up." he smirked, winking like always did. no matter how normal it was, it still made her roll her eyes and smile. "seasonal drinks already? new menu looking great with the seasonal change." she cooed, brushing her eyes over it all. "is our princess bubblegum here? toki!" she laughed and waved to shotaro.

he was looking well these days. high school years really hit him hard in the glow up factor after they got out of that shit show. "i'll get the strawberry blossom drink, half sugar level if it's super sweet." she smiled, handing over her card and looked around the cafe. it felt like it was just yesterday that she was entering for the first time.

brushing her hand through her pink hair. it really did make her feel in touch with her own self love. she wasn't scared anymore at the idea of being judged. she loved dying her hair bright colours either way. receiving her card back, she made her way behind the counter, pulling up a chair beside the clear section so she could relax and chill out before she had to work her late job.

"i heard recently that haechan and yeonha got engaged recently. aren't they the cutest celebrity couple?" she snorted hearing those names. "been rooting for them since high school and they finally got engaged. only took them a couple of years." the japanese boy giggled making her sigh.

hearing the chime of the door, she looked past to see but couldn't really tell who entered from her angle behind sungchan. receiving her drink from the other and smiling happily. "what should we get jeje?"
"damn i haven't been here since high school. there's so many drink choices now." feeling herself freeze. she couldn't believe her ears.

maybe it was just a bit of a misunderstanding. those voices didn't belong to the ones she knew back in high school so it was no big deal. plenty of korean and foreigners had a je in their name somewhere. it was just a little fluke who cares.

"i'll get the fruit tea and he'll take an americano with 2 extra shots." she hummed, watching the japanese boy work so she'd distract herself. "order for?"
"na jaemin." she almost spat out her drink at that. choking as she tried to cover her mouth and hide in the back kitchen away from view. sliding her chair ever so slightly to hide.

"what are you doing.." he questioned, watching her do so. motioning for him to come in too, he sighed and waved a quick apology to sungchan. placing his hands on his hips, he raised an eyebrow and tapped the floor with impatience.

"that's the na jaemin out there shotaro. like the ex i ran away from in high school and cried over for months because of shame." she voiced out frantically. already stressed enough that they were here in the flesh and not anywhere else. they could've gone anywhere. why here? aren't they rich and able to go to some fancy weird rich people cafe or some bullshit.

why here? why right now? "honestly toki. he probably doesn't remember you. high school you looks way different than adult you." he reassured, or well tried to. she was a stubborn fellow. "please cover for me taro. i'll literally start stuttering if i talk to him." she begged, making him sigh and agree.

as they walked out, she got a small scolding from the jung boy, but it was all worth it. seeing the other whisper something to the taller, he made an o with his mouth and held a thumbs up. "when are you heading to work today? doesn't your advisor nag the hell out of you?" she sighed at the thought of her advisor. "in a few hours i'll need to head out. but it's fine. my advisor can cry all he wants." she shrugged.