.prt7

it was now the next day, and i was going to school alone, obviously.

thankfully, my parents hadn't seen robin leaving my bedroom or sneaking out the garden, and they hadn't suspected me to be acting weird when they asked what i did after i came back home from school. as gullible as parents can get, the 'i was studying' lie worked very easily and they didn't question it at all.

i quickly caught up to finney and gwen as i saw them walking ahead of me. turns out we live only three streets away, which could be convenient.

"hey! how was the game yesterday?" i asked, since i wasn't there to watch it. i cant complain though, of course, since i had an okay time with robin instead.

finneys head dropped down as i asked but managed to pick it back up to reply. "i lost, but it was a good game! bruce does have a strong arm after all."

as he said that, a flyer on a fence that we were passing caught my attention.

"is that the same bruce?" i asked, making the siblings look at it too. turns out i was correct and that he was last seen right after the game.

apparently, there have been other children that have also gone missing recently, supposedly abducted by a man called 'the grabber'.

i couldn't help but to scoff "who would be disgusting enough to kidnap literal children? gosh their poor families.. bruce's family were probably waiting to celebrate with him, weren't they?"

we started to walk faster, attempting to get away from the flyer as it clearly isn't bringing us any good emotions.

as we arrived at school, we were welcomed to loads of stares and murmuring. it was unclear as to why that was but then robin came up behind us and dragged us to a quieter place to explain.

"people think that we have something to do with bruce's disappearance." robin spat out, waiting for a response, but none of us could provide one for him.

instead, we just stood there, mouths agape, unable to process how anyone would think that.

robin continued, "think about it, i'm the fighter, finn just lost a match against him, gwen knows some shit that no one else knows about the kidnappings and now there's a new girl with a violent history and we are all connected to each other! they're assuming that we worked together or something to take him down as revenge for him beating finns awesome match. so unfortunately, we're the perfect suspects."

as much as we didn't want to hear it, the theory did add up and so it was no surprise that people could have assumed that. but of course we couldn't allow it.

"but what can we actually do? to make people think otherwise, i mean." i asked, although i didn't get an answer since no one seemed to have one, which i couldn't blame them for since i hadn't one myself either, obviously. "but gwen.. what did robin mean when he said that you know stuff about the stuff going on?"