.prt20 / epilogue

the day that all students dream of finally came: graduation.

these past few years in this school have gone smoothly and were fulfilled with plenty of sweet memories.

the grabber was put on death row for the abduction of multiple children and even murder of some that hadn't made it out, and was served an acidic death. literally.

the parents of the poor children decided collectively that he deserved a prolong and excruciating death which had occurred with fluoroantimonic acid being gushed over him, with no mercy, as he should none to the kids, nor their families that suffered.

after that, i had checked up on all the victims and surely enough, most of them were still too traumatised to open up on their experience.

however, bruce and vance were very open about it after id let them know that i also had a close encounter with the grabber and that helped them speak up.

turned out that bruce hadn't even known who he was until he got reminded of his identity after finn spoke to him when he was found. the trauma got so bad for him that he'd forgotten himself and even his family. his parents especially were distraught when their own son didn't recognise them.

vance however remembered everyone from his past and was incredibly appreciative to be back with reality. gwen mentioned previously that he'd been quite a fierce fighter and wasn't necessarily a 'peoples person', but i suppose after being trapped underground for so long with no sign of any other life had affected him.

he was now a bubbly, amusing and loyal friend who had also been into fighting if course, and so robin and i decided to let him tag along for our sparring session though the former asked for one rule during our fight practices: no snogging. we agreed of course as we would have felt bad for making him have to third-wheel.

robin, finn, gwen and i have been doing great too, and we've even had an extra addition to our group, whom was actually finns partner, donna. she was in the same classes as us and got along with us very well. us meaning only finn gwen and i though, robin was still slightly upset that his best friends attention will now be centred on a girl, instead of him.

thankfully, he had come to a realisation that she made finn the happiest he'd been in a while, which obviously did take a while for robin to process that, however i used our own relationship as an anecdote as proof that best friends can still stay together, even if they have a romantic interest, if they truly are the best of friends.

anyhow, the five of us came together for our get-together as a group while still being students in high school, and so we decided to go to the drive-in to watch the superman, although it had been realised a year or two back, it was still our consolidated favourite.

just as it ended, we had two more hours to prepare for our big ceremony and so we all headed to the school to change into our gowns. gwen obviously wasn't allowed to come with us, so she had to wait with the parents and other people in the audience.

all four of us seniors looked professional as ever, robin looking the best of course, and i didn't think that because i was biased, but because robin was able to look amazing in absolutely anything at any time given.

unfortunately though, since we were having to wear our graduation caps, he couldn't wear his iconic bandana as usual. honestly, i was a bit disappointed when i found this out since it's one of things he's known for, however robin took this as an opportunity to make it very clear of our relationship status.

and so he wrapped the bandana around my right arm as if it was a boxing bandage and told me "now everyone can know that you're my puta" and kissed me on the tip of my nose.

picture time had arrived. it was one hour where parents and friends were able to take photographs of us at this inimitable moment with their disposable canon cameras and polaroids.

the pictures turned out incredibly well and we had many that we all liked and so we could say that this had been a success.

we were fortunate to have had so many adults taking our pictures at the same time, and so we had plenty angles in each and every moment.

it was definitely bittersweet knowing that this would probably be the last time we'd all be united like that, all happy, all safe, all young.

when the genuine ceremony began, we were welcomed with a massive speech and although it was nice, it had seemed to have taken forever before it was over.

our teachers were just constantly repeating the exist same thing: we were a pleasure to teach; our future is bright, and that we must look after ourselves.

after they'd finally finished with that though, we were given our leavers gift. these were our grad books and a picture frame containing an image of us from earlier.

god knows how the school managed to print off enough picture for our entire grade AND get them in the frames in time. maybe the speech was to stall us so that they could prepare the gifts.

either way, the photo was cute. it had our entire senior grade, in rows, standing like mannequins, however all smiling.

even though we had to stand in rows, like mentioned, each little clique were together so we could be with our friends, and so robin, finn, donna and i were together.

thankfully our nickname of 'murder clique' died out after the grabber got caught, and we were now titled 'bloody lovers'. honestly, i didn't mind it.

this name came from a year or two ago, when some idiots decided they would try to impress their friends by attempting to start a scrap. obviously it hadn't ended well for them.

robin and i carried the fight of course however finn had gotten involved after one guy tried to grab donna and bring her into it. that's when finn went bonkers and starting throwing some hammer fists.

as a result, all of our hands were covered in blood (apart from donnas) and since this was when we were already out as couples, students were gossiping and began calling us "bloody lovers" although afterwards we got a week's suspension which wasn't nice apart from the fact that we spent it completely together.

nevertheless, along with our picture frame gift, we also got given our leavers book, which contained pictures of our whole grade separately of course and our grad quotes and images of our best times moments.

this had also been rather bittersweet knowing that this would be the last thing we'd be able to take home from school. no more workbooks. no more bits of homework. not more detention slip.

this leavers book was more of a goodbye token, and an attestation to our years in high school.

"so this is it." finn declared as we all met up after gaining our handouts.

we all looked at each other and replied "this is it."

robin squeezed my bare hand and kissed my forehead as gloom began to fill our faces.

time flies. especially whilst in love. but it's worth it with robin. he will always be worth it.

authors note: that's it for this fanfic!
thank you all for reading and for the support i appreciated it sm :(
also i'm sorry it took a while to complete.
and i also apologise on the fact that the spanish i used was most likely incorrect and that some things might not be accurate since i'm living in the uk not usa :,)
i hope you all enjoyed reading this though <3