.prt10

the blake siblings hurried home to get their stuff, whilst robin and i went to his house to get his. for some reason, he hadn't known what to bring so he asked me to help him get the appropriate things.

once we got to his house, we were greeted by his uncle who had just bought tickets for him and robin to go to the drive-in together.

"sobrino, if you had told me about your novia, i would have invited her to come with us too!"

although i hadn't understood what his uncle had said, robin turned red by it and instantly replied, practically screaming, "no, tio! it's not like that!" grabbed my wrist and took me up the stairs and into his bedroom, leaving his uncle behind, giggling.

he couldn't keep eye contact with me at all after that, and whenever he spoke to me, he would either keep his eyes low or would be facing a whole other direction.

there was clearly a bit of tension and so i decided to get rid of it by asking "should we get snacks now then? since you have your stuff ready, we can drop it off at my place and then go to the shops."

by the time i finished my sentence, he was finally looking at me and he replied by giving a short nod with a faint smile.

we said our farewells to robins uncle as he kindly gave us extra change to spend on our snacks. he then also wished us to be safe and told us to be aware of the hombre in the van.

i had to ask what hombre meant, and robin claimed that it meant man, so supposedly, his uncle was referring to the grabber.

as we began to make our way back to my house to leave robins belongings, i finally asked something that had kept me curious since the talk of the grabber had started, or at least came to my attention.

"do you actually believe in this grabber? because there is a chance that these people in this town have all gone missing by coincidence, and not just because they've been abducted, all by the same man.." i finally blurted out.

he turned to look at me and instantly replied in a low voice "he knows who doesnt believe in him. he finds the kids that think he's not real, and he takes them. dont ask about him again.", leaving me to wonder what he meant by that, and how that could even be possible.

although i grew curious, i decided that it would probably be worth not mentioning again, considering his robin had replied, and that our group in school are already being called the grabber himself.