Arc 1: chapter 1: north west

I lay on my bed observing the rising sun. It was quite beautiful but enviable. It freely traversed the world without bieng stuck in a cage of lies but there isn't much of point in thinking about it.

After final selection Id parted ways with my new... friend? Could I consider Kanao that. We survived in a forest of demons for a couple days together. We had talked and we knew things about each but was that enough?

Regardless,due to having no place to stay I'd found the nearest hotel. It was extremely cheap for my   room so it was perfect.

I was completely broken from my thoughts when I heard a banging at my door. I guess my sword and uniform had finally arrived. I lazily got up and opened the basically broken door. A sword smith stood on the other side. He wore a hyottoko mask and a wooden hat. He also had a haori with waves decorating it.

"Hello I assume your Ayanokoji kiyotaka" he asked whilst handing me a brown bag. I simply nodded and took the bag. He then pulled out a sheathed sword. It had a wind like pattern with a blood red background for the sheath. The handle was a simple white.

He swiftly placed it in my hand. He seemed extremely eager for something. "As you probably already know another name for this sword is the Color changing katana. I think you can understand what that means. The moment you unsheath it, it will change colour and maybe even produce a certain pattern. Now go on I've been waiting alllll day" his monologue came to an end.

I was slightly confused though. I thought the bases of all interactions were the introduction phase but I guess not. Atleast I wouldn't have to waste my time. "Thanks". I unsheathed the sword with minamal effort. I lifted the white blade up. A dark green enveloped the blade. Then white circles engraved themselves randomly across the blade. It was a sight to see and I understood why the man infront was so excited.

Unexpectedly he looked confused. Was this unusual? "How strange I've never seen a sword turn out like yours. What breathing style do you use"? He asked as he examined my nichirin head to toe whilst taking fleating glances at me.

"Wind breathing" I replied simply. "Is there something wrong"? I need to see if something was actually amiss.

" I see. It does hold some resemblance to Sanemis sword but white circles are unheard of" I guess that's why he was confused.

"Will it's probably just a one off case" I tried to ease his suspicions. It'll be troublesome is he keeps questioning it.

"I'm excited to see your journey. Well I guess I should be leaving as I have a pretty tight schedule" he said as he exited the door. Good. At least he wasn't smart. Before I could ponder the recent interaction  a kusagai crow flew threw my window.

"MISSION MISSION, AYANOKOJI KIYOTAKA YOU HAVE A MISSION IN SHIRO CITY. A DEMON THERE. NORTH NORTHWEST" it kept flying around me. It was frankly annoying. I didn't need it to tell me the direction but I guess it's just protocol. Eventually after plugging my ears it left.

I after a couple of minutes I opened the bag. It contained the traditional demon slayer uniform and an additional haori. It was a deep red with white stripes most likely to represent wind. I placed both on and set out.

It was an annoyingly long path to shiro town. It took four hours to complete it but it wasn't to hard for me. When I arrived I noted a couple things. In terms of technology it was half way between the biggest towns and towns tipically near mountains. Honestly everything seemed fine from a distance but once I got closer I realised that this wasn't the case.

It was ironic for me to be thinking this was weird but no one here smiled even a little. Some were constantly swinging there heads side to side to make sure nothing was going to attack them. Some even closed there eyes. Most likely an effect of a blood demon art.

The demon seemed to have no preference based on age as there seemed to be a proportionate number different ages present. But the towns numbers seemed to be slightly thin. I had a couple theories already. I decided to head into the city to collect some of the villagers statements.

AN: Short chapter but a nesscary set up one. This one is the equivalent of tanjiro as first mission but different.