Arc 2:chapter 6: The end of the meeting

I immediately jumped back leaving Sanemi to regain his balance. I quickly kneeled. From what I could tell the hashiras link to the master was extremely strong. I had no intentions of making enemy's with them and I hoped my complicity with him would avoid that possibility.

I heard faint but slow steps approaching. I gauged the hashiras reactions around me and noticed that Shinobu had disappeared suddenly. "Hello my children, thank you for coming on such a fine day. It is quite pleasant to have have the same faces here again with some new editions" despite his sickly appearance his presence made everything feel serene.

"Hello master, I wish your continued good fortune and health" Sanemi had also bowed after our struggle was over.

"Thank you" it was honestly quite odd. The atmosphere was instantly shifted the moment he appeared. I wondered exactly what he had done for everyone here to make them this subservient.

"Please can you enlighten us about the situation regarding the demon slayer who travels with a demon" Sanemi quickly spoke up again. The masters influence and compassion had even reached Sanemi which was admittedly impressive.

"My apologies for any confusion I may have caused you. Tanjiro kamado has been pardoned. I hope you can all accept this" I let out a sigh of relief. Whilst it's could've been done in a better manner he did what I wanted him to do.However I doubted, despite there respect for him, they could accept this.

For a majority of there lives demons had been the objects of there hatred. Trying to get them to accept this was as hard as telling them to let go of a lifetime of hatred. I assumed the more reasonable members of the group could handle this but I knew people like Sanemi couldn't,however I doubted that this would be a problem.

————————————————————————-
I was throughly impressed. The emotional connection the master created with his subordinates was quite impressive. Throughout the rest of the trial he slowly convinced everyone there to at least put up with nezuko for the mean time.

The kakushi had just taken tanjiro to butterfly mansion leaving me in the midst of the hashiras. I was thinking of an escape route that I could take immediately. I didn't want to be there any longer now that Tanjiro was safely secured.

However the master turned to me. "Thank you. You managed to defeat 2 demons including one of the lower twelve kisuki. Thank you" He ever so slightly bowed. I assumed due to his weakness he couldn't fully do it.

I bowed back. Soon after I was dismissed.

—————————————————————————-
Tanjiro POV:
I felt vomit slowly crawl up my throat. I knew I was going pale. My legs were barely holding me up as I looked at the sight. I wouldn't of recognised him if it wasn't for the tuffs of yellow hair still there. Zenitsus body was completely purple. Large convulsing spots covered it.

His breaths were haggard at best and sounded more like snorts. What..happened? I didn't even acknowledge Shinobu who was injecting a number a medicines into his body.

"Zenitsu"? My voice came out as completely hoarse. It was nothing but a inaudible whisper. His body was completely limp. Shinobu didn't acknowledge my presence either. Inosuke was shaking in the bed next to him.

This meant he had gone up the mountain in the end. Even without us.

A/N: I have to admit to something. I completely forgot about zenitsus existence. If were being completely honest Zenitsu should be a spider at the moment but I kinda wanna use him in the story so I want to keep him alive for now. My apologies for the massive oversight and lack of planning.

Honestly this chapter sucked to write. I kept deleting it and remaking it. That's why it's such an unusually short chapter. I have no clue if I wanna make other stories since I deleted my last one. But I guess I'm just rambling now.

Have a nice day