Arc 2:chapter 5: saving tanjiro

Ayanokoji pov:
After getting to a satisfactory distance I began to walk down the mountain instead of sprinting. I would say it was quite a relaxing walk despite the overwhelming stench of decaying flesh and drying blood. The only thing I had to watch out for was not stepping into any puddles of it.

It would've been nice to hear the chirping of birds but I was confident that most of them were dead or had flew away. Unfortunately the trees weren't exactly scenic either, chunks of flesh were slung across its surface along with more metallic blood. However I was able to find some kind of comfort in it.

Eventually I was able to find my way out of forest area of the mountain and stumbled upon an interesting sight. I found two hashira at the base of the mountain along with two disintegrating bodies. It seemed two demons had been sent as obstacles to stop the hashira from helping the slayers on the mountain at the time.

I looked at one of the faces on my shoulder. It seemed as if Muzan had caught on to the fact that he  knew sun breathing or was it his sister who fought demons herself. It looked like he was beginning to make some more proactive moves in this war.

I began walking over to them. Shinobu also began to move forwards in order to check on the people on my shoulders. "My, what happened"? She asked. She immediately stopped approaching me when she glanced at the demon. This was now bound to get more complicated. I honestly didn't care if Shinobu killed the demon but if she did it would irreparably damage the sun breathers mind and I couldnt have that.

If I was going to force him to his full potential, she had to live. This put me in a horrible position. I noticed Shinobus smile increase by a millimetre. "Ayanokoji, aren't you aware that your carrying a demon around" I noticed tomioka flinch slightly.

"I did, however she was fighting another demon when I found her with her presumed brother. I think it would be a waist to kill her at this stage. For all we know she could posses the key to killing Muza.I sore shinobus eyes widen.

"How do we know that she wouldn't attack a human aswell, it's not impossible that she's just mindless" she brought up a decent if not easily disproven point.

"I witnessed on multiple occasions that she protected her brother who isn't a demon. I know this goes in direct contrast with the corpses rules but I believe we should at least wait for the masters verdict on this" I was confident that he wouldn't blunder this opportunity or at least I would convince him otherwise.

Shinobu held her chin. I glanced up, the sound of flapping wings filling the gap in the conversation. I sore a crow bolting forwards. "MESSSAGE MESSAGE NEZUKO AND TANJIRO ARE TO BE TAKEN IN TO CUSTODY. I REPEAT TANJIRO KAMADO AND NEZUKO KAMADO ARE TO BE TAKEN INTO CUSTODY" it looked like I wouldn't need to fight her after all.

I tuned out the rest of the message it presented. I noticed a little further away that the clean up crew were advancing. I also sore kanao as well. "Well it seems further action won't be nesscary" shinobu proceeded to turn around and begin walking. Me and tomioka also followed. I eventually passed kanao. I stopped next to her for a split second.

When she noticed me, I received a small smile. Unfortunately we couldn't speak at that moment as the person behind her nudged her forward. I also needed to keep moving.

————————————————————————
God really did despise me. There was truly no end to the tortures he threw at me or was it the devil controlling how my life panned out. I felt as if I was going to be crushed by the aura the people around me exerted. Every single hashira had been brought in for this meeting.

They were an interesting group to say the least. Non of them resembled each other. They seemed to be almost opposites in personality. Tanjiro was layed on the floor with a rope binding his hands and Nezuko was put back in her recovered box. It was honestly quite the sight.