Arc 2 chapter 7: failure

Tanjiro pov:
Again, again, again, again! I had to consciously stop myself from screaming it out loud and disturbing everyone else. The only thing that allowed me to see anything was the moonlight. I didn't want to leave Zenitsu by himself but I.. I just couldn't stay there any longer.

It was suffocating. I could feel the cool air drift across the remaining damp patches on my face. I really had failed. And now all I was doing was swinging a wooden sword around. I wanted to tell myself that it was rehabilitation training but it wasn't.

I knew it was injuring me more than it was helping. I didn't want to burden anyone else with my problems but I needed a release of some kind and this was the only thing I could think of. I had attempted to think of a way to help Zenitsu but even Shinobu had told me I couldn't.

He wasn't completely stabilised yet but his chances of not turning into a demon were increasing rapidly. I was glad. Happy even but the sight of him before hand wouldn't leave. I wanted to save them. Everyone. I knew it wasn't possible but as i was forced to slowly watch my friends get ruthlessly hurt and killed I couldn't help but get..frustrated? Annoyed? Something else maybe?

My nose suddenly picked up on a new scent. It was dull. I couldn't decipher a single emotion from it. However it was significant. For once I didn't care to look over my shoulder so I just continued to swing.

"You haven't healed yet. It's not the best thing for you to be training yet" the voice was best described as monotone but I slightly remembered it from final selection.

"It doesn't hurt too much. I'll be fine thank you" i didn't know how my tone came across to him but I hoped it wasn't to bad. It was just.. tough.

"I see you won't stop of your own free will huh". He was right. I'd try stopping myself when I was about to pass out but other than that I didn't care about my own wellbeing at the moment.

"I sore the end of your last fight, it was quite impressive. I wouldn't have imagined you would be a user of the Hinokami kagura" that did stop me for a second. Whilst I could imagine there would be some people who would've I heard about the dance I was a bit shocked that he was able to tell what it was in the middle of the fight.

That momentary pause allowed my body exhaustion to catch back up to me. It felt like a huge shock. I suddenly became aware of every crevice of my body. I could feel the cracks in my ribs and more. It forced me to drop the sword and stumble back slightly.

I turned to the other boy. "So did your family practice it or have you seen it before" I asked him. My words weren't completely coherent but I wasn't doing terribly. My nose then picked up another scent. It was coming from him and it was so faint that I couldn't identify what emotion he was feeling.

His face didn't change but he did looked up. Towards the moon. "I've never seen someone do them. I've attempted to Imamate it but I've never been as proficient with it as other things. I've heard of it being weaponised but it was quite jarring to see you use it like that" he didn't take his eyes off of the moon from that point onwards.

"You want to help, but you haven't been able to recently. They keep getting hurt but your never strong enough to help them. Only yourself. Even today you weren't able to protect the person closet to you. People much higher than you decided to spare her. If it wasn't for that she would be dead. Sun breathing is your only option isn't it"? I squinted my eyes. I clenched my fist as I remembered what had happened to nezuko.

I knew I was getting stronger but it just wasn't enough. He was again right. Sun breathing was my only option.

"I can help you as much as you need. I know a lot about sun breathing. my father used to have a few scrolls about it until they were destroyed. You will be able to protect them eventually. The moment you loose that hope is the moment you loose everything" he kept going. With every word it felt like he was digging deeper into my brain.

"Thank you". That's all I could think to say. My head felt foggy and I noticed the darkness at the corners of my eyes.

"I would tell you take a rest but it seems you'll pass out soon enough. Just make sure you get back to the hospital wing before you do. Once your healthy enough I'll help you and then maybe .. we'll be able to protect everyone" as I took a final glance at him it looked as if he was remembering something. Then I fell to the ground in a heap.

Ayanokoji pov:

I wondered what they were doing now. Most of them were dead. I sore most of there corpses and slept next to many but I hoped a couple of them had survived.

I picked up tanjiro and took him back to his room. When I looked at his friend I could understand his frustrations. He was covered in patches of large purple boils and was shrunken. I simply sighed and left. Before I could head to my room i noticed a pair of red eyes looking at me from around the corner.

A/N: Hello there. I think this was decent chapter at least. I'll get some more chapters out this week due to it being a break period. It took me awhile but I've finally got some plans for this story and where I can head it

If you like Star Wars then please check out the first chapter of a fan fic I'm releasing on February 23rd (Thursday I believe). Crossover between Star Wars and of course classroom of the elite.