A delicious glamour

When she woke up the next day, she felt fine. No, she felt amazing actually. Her throat didn't hurt, her legs weren't sore. Her head didn't even throb. Dianthe has actually never felt more well rested in her entire life. For a second, she's convinced she's woken up in her own bed and it's all been one big strange dream.

But then she opened her eyes and the illusion shattered. She was still in the Night Court, still a prisoner in the beautiful locked prison of a bedroom. Azriel was sitting in that same chair, but next to him was a new man. Another Fae. This one without wings. He had shimmering dark skin and onyx hair. He's what you might call well-built and he wore a glimmering crown of golden spikes. His aura felt like the sun personified.

"There she is. Slept well, I take it?" His boyish grin was like a breath of fresh air compared to all the scowls she'd gotten by the other faeries.

"Uhm. Yes. Who are you?" Dianthe asked, sitting up in her bed while making sure the duvet was covering her body even though she wasn't naked. One also might ask what he was doing in her bedroom, but these faeries seemed to have no notion of personal space, so maybe it was normal?

"I'm the one you can thank for healing all of those nasty bruises." He replied, without losing the grin.

"Oh." Her hands instantly went to her throat, but it didn't hurt in the slightest to touch it, so he must have healed them. Especially considering Nesta Archeron had done her worst the previous night, to add to them. "Thank you. That was very kind."

"Kind is my middle name." The handsome Faerie stated. Azriel rolled his eyes ever so briefly, but not briefly enough for her not to notice.

"I see. And what might be your first name?"

"Helion. High Lord of the Day Court." He took a step forward and took a bow in her honor. At least someone had manners, and honor.

"I'm Dianthe." She said, even though she doubted he hadn't been briefed about her, the Night Court's very special guest.

"Charmed." - "Why don't we give the pretty lady some privacy and then try getting through her glamour over tea?" Helion said to Azriel before making his way to the door.

Azriel hmmfped, but got out of his chair and started walking after Helion.

"I'll be waiting outside." He told Dianthe before leaving the room.

An hour, a hot shower and a change of clothes later, Dianthe let Azriel escort her to the very same dining room as yesterday. There was no evidence of her fight with Nesta and the table had been set for 3, with tea and breakfast.

She felt like a whole new person. Funny what well rested and being free of injury did to you. Yesterday's thoughts about giving up were all gone. But she was still starving. She watched while Azriel and Helion helped themselves to the tea and food, but didn't dare touch it.

"It's not poisoned, Dianthe." Azriel said.

"Am I supposed to take your word for it, Azriel?" She asked.

He paused at her use of his name.

"No, you can take mine." Helion said, unfazed, and took a bite out of a croissant before he put it on her plate. "Mhmm, definitely not poisoned."

This seemed to annoy Azriel, but he still didn't say anything.

It was as good a precaution as she was ever gonna get, so Dianthe ate the croissant. Why would someone who'd just taken the effort of healing her with magic, poison her the next hour? Helion poured tea into their cups and drank a sip to show that the tea wasn't poisoned either and Dianthe let herself indulge. It was so nice not to feel hungry anymore. It wasn't a feeling she was particularly acquainted with and definitely not one she would want to revisit. For all her talk about her family, they had at the very least clothed and fed her.