Dianthe meets Mor

DIANTHE

"It's just me. Can I come in?" A voice said. Female. One she hadn't heard before.

Azriel's posture relaxed a bit, but not all the way. She felt oddly safe standing behind him even though he'd been her prison guard just hours prior.

"Are you alone?" He asked.

"Yes." The voice replied.

Azriel went to open the door and Dianthe, curious as she was, followed. She peaked her head around him to see who it was.

Outside the door was an incredibly stunning female fae. She had a curvy body, bright blonde hair, tan skin and rich brown eyes. She looked a bit familiar, but Dianthe didn't think she'd seen her before.

The woman's eyes found Dianthe and widened.

"Shit."

"What are you doing here?" Azriel asked. His voice wasn't unfriendly, but he seemed on edge.

"Came to check on you. To see whether Helion was right about who she is. To see if you are alright."

"She is. We are."

"Are you not going to invite her in?" Dianthe asked. It seemed rude to let her stay outside in the cold.

He sighed, then opened the door further and stepped back to the kitchen. She must not pose a danger to Dianthe then. Since Azriel didn't have to protect her like a guard dog.

"Thank you." The woman said and gave Dianthe a smile. "I'm Morrigan, but you can call me Mor, we're related."

"Oh." She wasn't sure how to respond to that. "I'm Dianthe." She said and moved so Mor could step in.

She suddenly felt stone sober even though they'd just emptied two bottles of wine.

"Do you want a glass?" She wasn't sure why Azriel wasn't being hospitable. Did they not like each other?

"Absolutely." Mor said, sitting down by the kitchen while she studied Dianthe closely, she couldn't stop staring. "You have his eyes. It's so eerie."

"I've heard." She asked the cabin for another bottle and a glass. Then she served the two of them. Azriel had crossed his arms. He didn't look like he wanted more. He just looked like he wanted Mor to leave. She'd ask him about that later.

Mor took a big sip of the wine and shook her head. "We were all very surprised to learn about you." Dianthe wondered how she'd gotten here without wings, but it didn't feel like the right time to ask. And maybe it would be rude to ask?

"So was I."

Mor nodded and glanced at Azriel. "He's in a bit of a shock. But he's not going to.. to do anything. We would never hurt your mate. I just wanted to see whether you were alright..." She looks back at Dianthe. "Both of you. I heard you had quite the fall."

"I jumped. I didn't fall." She wasn't sure why she was getting so annoyed by Mor. Maybe it was the fact that she treated Dianthe nicely, and Dianthe knew that was only because she was Azriel's mate. Like she was his personal possession. It didn't seem to matter that she was the daughter of The High Lord of the Night Court. Maybe he had several bastard children around?

"Of course." Mor swallowed. "I know it's not my place. but I am sorry for how you were treated." She looked genuine. But she was also right, it wasn't her place.

Dianthe took a sip of her wine. She didn't even feel like acknowledging the apology. Mor had seemed very nice until it became clear she was only apologizing on the behalf of The High Lord just because Dianthe happened to be Azriel's mate.