Ep 18: 17 years - He returns -

Entering Mini Arc 1 Part 1

It's been 4 days after BBQ. In the base,  while things were usual, Nozomi was seen sitting on a chair as he hid away the fact he hadn't let go of the loss of his friend's life since he was meant to save everyone, including Axol himself. As no one notices his head turning away, the alarm set off as Nozomi gets into his posture that no one notices.

Wakura: What's going on?!

Marie: Sir! Something big happened!

They look at the screen as their shocked expression came.

Wakura: It can't be...

Meanwhile

Outside, the city was attacked by Space Beast from a long time ago when Next destroys him, Beast The One, or codename The One.

Speaker: Everyone evacuates! Space Beast attack!

Civilians run away from the creature as he crushes the building down. While everyone leaves, a hooded figure & Coil looks on at the destruction.

Hooded Figure: Coil, you sure he will deal with Next?

Coil: Trust me, I modified his structure strength to deal against Ultraman's level. My logic never fails at this process.

Hooded Figure: Hmm...

The shadow overwhelms their body as they disappeared away from sight.

Meanwhile

Wakura: Night Raiders! Get to business! We found an old enemy from a long time ago!

Night Raiders: Roger!

Then Kai & Marie hop onto Chrome Chester Alpha as Komon & Nagi hop into Chrome Chester Beta as Wakura gets into Chrome Chester Gamma as the three jets fly off outside. Nozomi Ikki arrives outside in time as he then closes his eyes as he opens up to reveal glowing red as the red energy lines appear all over his body as it glows, and the light turns blue as he transformed as Ultraman Next Junis in giant size as he flies up

Meanwhile

SMG4: WHERE ARE THEY WHEN WE NEED THEM!?

While the gang are in a different location as Beast The One sees them and was about charge his foot towards them, he got punched by Ultraman next in the face as The One steps away by the force as Ultraman stands there.

Mario: Next one!

Saiko: Ultraman!

Melony: Nozomi!

Ultraman looks at Nozomi's friends & love ones as he turns back towards The One with Night Raider's jets arriving soon.

The One: It's been a long time, Ultraman... No, your codename by humans was called The Next. Ultraman The NEXT!!!

While Nozomi wasn't expecting it to talk, Ultraman gets punched by his fierce force as he only stood back. Ultraman then charges towards him as he knees him to the stomach. But no reaction as The One slashes him with his claws. Ultraman tries to get up but was whipped by The One's extended tail as Ultraman knocks it away. He stood up as his arm charges up and lunches Lambda Slasher towards him but only created a small spark as The One knocks him down where he stomps him 5 times before Ultraman kicks him in the chest away. As the fight goes on, his color timer begins to blink.

The One slashes him with his claws many times before Ultraman Next uppercuts him away as he falls down and Ultraman punches him forward away from him. As The One gets up, Ultraman charges up both of his Stratos Edge as he forms a plus for both of his wrists and fires  Evol-Ray Schtrom but the oscillation beam didn't break through, instead, the skin breaks the beam apart as it dies down, much to their shock.

Yu (Calling): The One skin immunes to his beam?!

Wakura: What?!

Then Beast The One charges towards him as he gets whipped by the tail 10 times as the color timer stops blinking as the light dies down. With that, Ultraman begins to transform back to Nozomi as he begins to fall down.

Melony: Nozomi!!!

SMG4 gang began to run up to where he'll fall down as they see this.

Wakura: Night Raiders! Form Mega Cannon!

Night Raiders: Roger!

The Chrome Chester began form the components together as they landed on the ground.

A.I.: Mega Cannon Chester complete.

Wakura: Alright...

Then they aim it at Beast The One.

Wakura: Ready...

Nagi steady the target towards The One.

Wakura: Aim...

Komon then hesitate as his finger was at the trigger finger.

Wakura: NOW!!!

Komon then pulls the trigger as they fire Mega Cannon Vanisher towards Space Beast as he gets a blast to the chest with burnt makes as he then turns around and makes a run for it.

Marie: Target has escaped. Sir...

Wakura: That only takes care of...

The gang then catches Nozomi on time as Night Raiders look at him.

Later

Nozomi: I WON'T WORK WITH YOU GUYS!

Night Raiders: EEEHHH?!

Komon: But we can just try again-

Nozomi: Look, I can't keep going after a single fail to save & protect. I lost someone in the process...

Nozomi then leaves as they look on.

Komon: What happened to him...

A few days later

It's been days since he hasn't participated, and while no reports of any Space Beast, SMG4 has a question.

SMG4: Say... Marie & Kai, what gives you a reason to join?

Kai: Well... for me... ever since one of my friends was killed by one of Space Beast back then before our memories return... I wasn't sure what to do if it continues when returned... but after a bit of confidence and hope, after Ultraman left, I decided to join to protect everyone and their friends to avoid the same fate as my friends.

Marie: For me... one of my friends, who previous work for TLT, she got shot by Unknown Hand aka Zagi. While she did recover, I end up taking her spot just so she could recover the injury left in her. 

Mario: Oooh | SMG4: I get that...

SMG4: Though this gives me wonders, do one of you guys know the full history behind the Shinjuku attacks?

Wakura: Well... not fully. But we do know he appeared before Ultraman defeated him in the process. The only person that remembers this event was Sara Mizuhara. She was the inspector after the events of The One and The Next. They only gave information about the origins of TLT and why everyone's memories were wiped out.

SMG4: Then.. please call her, we need to understand his full story...

They look on as the team ends up nodding their head.

Wakura: Okay... we'll try...

To Be Continued