☆2☆

In the Great Hall, the usual procedure is in place, but something is new.I've never met our Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher. Her name is Umbridge and she was sent by the Ministry.
All in pink, she stands at the lectern and practically pushes Dumbledore away in order to give a completely insane speech herself. I don't like her right away and I have a very, very bad feeling about this woman. Still, I'll give it a chance because everyone deserves one. Or two, maybe three. I'm that gullible.I get distracted fairly easily when I see Draco.
He got even prettier over the holidays.I look at him for a very long time and intensely and suddenly he returns my gaze.My heart starts racing and I hear the blood pounding in my ears, everything else is gone at once. There's just those deep gray eyes.And then he smiles at me briefly, but then looks away again as if nothing had ever happened.I take a deep breath and tear my eyes away from him.
I need to get back to Hogwarts first, then I can take care of everything else.
After dinner I go to the dorm with Ginny and I throw myself straight into bed and stare at the fabric canopy above. If only I knew how to approach Draco easily.
I get caught up in this thought until finally Ginny snaps at me,"I really can't stand it sometimes, Y/n."
"Sorry," I mumble, not even knowing if I'm serious. I'm actually not sorry that I'm in love, but I do have a small guilty conscience towards Ginny.But I can't change it.
You don't choose who you fall in love with."You should just get that out of your head," she says sternly now, and I sigh. "Yes, that's easy to say," I mumble softly. "It's so easy!" she snaps at me.
"Hello! Draco Malfoy? Can it get any grosser and slimier and meaner? He's a Slytherin!
You've seen how he treats other people, he doesn't care about people's feelings at all! He even enjoys it, Y/n!""He's not like that to me!" I exclaim angrily."I know he can be mean, but he's never treated me that bad!""He's never even talked to you!" Ginny hisses now and I choose to ignore her at that moment.I close the curtains around my bed and say nothing more, tucking myself in and resting my head on the pillow. She knows that's not true. Okay, we've never had a great conversation, but he once saved me from getting hit by my suitcase by saying, 'That was close. We don't want you to have to spend your first day at school in the hospital wing. Take good care of yourself.'
It wasn't much, but he was nice. "You aren't talking to me anymore, are you?" Ginny asks annoyed.
I am silent. I don't feel like having these discussions and if this had gone any further I would have said something that would have been pretty nasty so I'll skip that.Unlike her.
She's often out of control when it comes to things like this."God! I'm sorry!" she exclaims suddenly.
"'You're not" I mumble. "You hate him, that's okay. But also picking on me like that..."
"I just want to protect you!" "I can definitely take care of myself," I tell her slowly, so she might understand."If you say so," she replies. "Are we okay now?" "Okay," I say indifferently.
Tomorrow we can get along again, now I have to sleep on it for a night.