☆5☆

"You will never need such things." Umbridge sounds determined and utterly naïve.
A still unknown girl from Hufflepuff just asked if we couldn't finally learn some self-defense spells in case Voldemort comes back."But Professor..." the girl mumbles now. "Everything indicates that the Death Eaters are getting stronger. We have to be able to defend ourselves!”
"There-is-nothing-to-fear," she says slowly, and I can see her control slipping. "But Harry Potter..."
"Harry Potter lies!" she screams now and the whole facade falls."The boy tells lies and you shouldn't lie!" "Professor," I intervene now. "Harry doesn't lie. He's telling the truth, he told us what happened. All of what has happened over the past few months is disturbing and suggests that the Death Eaters are gathering around Voldemort in greater numbers than ever.”
Ginny elbows me in the side in shock and wants to warn me, but it's too late anyway. And I'm definitely not going to let that douchebag drag Harry through the mud like that. He does everything for us, goes out of his way to prepare us in case of an attack - why would he do that work if he's lying?
"You're a liar, Miss Y/l/n," she says squeaky. "And do you know what happens to liars like you?" "Oh, I guess you're about to tell me," I reply hostilely. I don't care what she throws at me now, but i'm tired of her.She's been telling the same dragon poop for weeks and nothing's changing except it's only getting worse and she's telling us more lies that even a stupid toddler wouldn't believe."You cheeky brat!" she yells at me. "You will be punished!"I shrug. "Well then. I'm probably not the first and not the last."
Out of the corner of my eye, I see Ginny staring at me wide-eyed. She'll start crying the way I know her."Out," Umbridge whispers indignantly. I grab my bag and leave the classroom.

She follows me and shoves me not very gently into an adjacent room, where she hands me a piece of parchment and I whip out my quill, already annoyed when she clicks her tongue like she always does. "Na, na, na. They used a special pen. One of mine." I look at her with raised eyebrows. So there is something to the rumours? "Now write 'I'm not supposed to lie' 50 times on the parchment," she orders me, amused, and chuckles. Disgusting woman.I take a deep breath and put the quill on the parchment and start writing.Suddenly, a sharp pain runs through my hand.
That wasn't a rumour. That was the hard truth, I'm experiencing it on my own body right now.
"What is? Have you forgotten what to write?" she asks me sweetly."How could I?" I murmur, clenching my teeth as I continue to write. The blood is running all over my hand now, but that witch doesn't care. And I've only gotten to the 26th 'I shouldn't lie'.
I'm now sweating on my forehead and the pain is driving me half crazy when she suddenly starts to speak.The naïve part of me hopes she's had enough fun for today, instead she says, "I'll be relieved now, at least I still have classes," she explains, and suddenly Draco, Crabbe, and Goyle walk in.
I close my eyes for a moment and swallow hard. Draco Ironically, Draco. Couldn't she have put anyone else in my face? "Our little friend has 30 more times 'I shouldn't lie' to her," she explains and I jump out of my skin. "Can't you count? From 26 to 50 it is 24!”"I apologize," she says with that disgusting fake smile."There were 40 of them. Please, gentlemen, monitor Miss Y/l/n until she learns from her mistakes." And then she disappears.
That damn lying bastard! I can't put my anger into words, but I will return the favor to her in one way or another. I stare at the ceiling and take a deep breath. "Write it now, b*tch!" Crabbe snaps at me, and I raise my eyebrows at him. "With great pleasure," I hiss grimly. I won't show weakness, not here, not now.I'll hold on, I won't let that damn Umbridge get me down.
That would be even better! I glimpse Draco looking at me with some kind of pity. Like he's genuinely sorry. But I'm probably just imagining it, the pain is probably already moving into my brain.
I feel like I'll break my jaw if I clench my teeth any harder.Sentence 49 of 66 is now on the parchment and tears well up in my eyes, the blood flows and flows and flows, even running across the table.
It feels like someone is turning bigger and bigger knives in my hand and pouring more salt into them.
But I don't make a sound. I won't show weakness. Never. I keep telling myself that as I write letter after letter on the parchment – ​​it's the only thing that keeps me from crying out in agony.
"Oh, tell me are you in pain?" Goyle sneers now and I want to ram the feather through the neck of this brainless gorilla so that he finally shuts his stupid face, but I don't show anything, say nothing.
My hand trembles so that the letters are difficult to read, but you can read the words on my hand if you have to. Sentence 53, my vision is becoming increasingly blurred.I breathe shallowly, consoling myself that there are only thirteen sentences left.Thirteen sentences. That's 52 words. 884 letters.
"You can go," Draco suddenly snaps at his minions."I'll wait until she's done. Then I still have my private fun with her.Tell Umbridge that she won't soon forget this punishment. Leave me alone. Go away now.”The two hollow pears nod and disappear as I type sentence 54, letting out a gulp of air to keep from screaming. The door slams behind me and I take a deep breath.
867 letters left. Suddenly Draco stands in front of the table and carefully takes the quill from my hand. I look up at him but see him more than blurry. "What are you doing?" I ground out between my teeth. I use all my self-control not to buckle."Stop it," he says softly, placing the quill on the table behind him. "Give me your hand." I shake my head stubbornly. "Twelve sentences."
He looks at me intently. "It is enough. You can't take much more, Y/n. I say you can stop."
I get up and sway dangerously. My circulation is completely overwhelmed with the pain because there is no counterweight to it.I lean on the table and pull myself around it, grabbing the quill.
"Twelve-fucking-sentences," I growl, but Draco grabs my good wrist as I try to walk past him back to the table."Y/n." His voice is like balm for my spirit. I close my eyes and breathe heavily, noticing the intense sting in my eyes. I can feel my iron defenses threatening to break within the next few seconds.I'll still put those damn 867 letters on paper, even if I fall over afterwards.
I won't give up. I'm not letting Umbridge see that I'm giving up."At that moment my legs buckle and it gets dark around me for a moment, but Draco catches me. "Y/n," he murmurs soothingly. "Come to you." I moan from the pain driving me insane, but open my eyes. "I don't want to give up, Draco," I whisper, feeling the tears that have finally cleared my eyes. "I'm not weak." "No you are not. And she won't see anything to suggest that," he replies calmly.“The parchment will be destroyed anyway. She sees the scars on your hand, which gives her absolute satisfaction.”
He stubbornly continues to hold me in his arms because I have absolutely no strength to stand on my own legs.The pain and my willpower have taken all the energy I've ever had. "You work for them," I whisper hoarsely. "Why would you want to help me?"He picks me up and gently places me on a table, then grabs my hand.It looks like a werewolf chewed on it with relish for several hours. Blood trickles from the cracks. 'I shouldn't lie'. Will I ever forget this sentence again?
He casts some strange, completely unknown spell to me and slowly the blood flow dries up and the cuts close a little. Seriously, Draco looks at my hand. "The scars will fade,” he murmurs, but gives me an apologetic look."I can't do anything about the pain. You must take this to Madam Pomfrey, she can help you better than I can.” "Thank you," I whisper. "But why are you doing this? You didn't answer me." He looks past me for a moment. Then he swallows and looks into my eyes. "I admire you, Y/n," he says quietly now. "You have incredible willpower." "I don't begrudge anyone an unjust triumph over me," I murmur, looking at him. He smiles bitterly for a moment. "Not everyone can do that."
I study him closely and for a moment the pain dulls a little. "Why are you helping me? From what I've heard about you, that's not your way.You're mean, vicious and inconsiderate according to everyone else, you're not supposed to be nice. And if you do, you promise yourself something from it. But... you're incredibly nice to me. Incredible, actually.You report to Umbridge, and I hear you're single-minded in that role.Why are you different to me?” I see his jawbone sticking out.
"You shouldn't believe everything you hear about me." "I don't," I whisper. "That's why I'm asking you. Why Draco? Why are you pretending to be one of the bad guys and take care of me? When I'm not even pureblood?” I'm treading on very, very thin ice and actually it scares the shit out of me, but now I'm here, now I can get answers. Maybe I won't get another chance. "I'm not pretending," he murmurs, almost as if to himself speak yourself."I'm not one of the good guys. But..."
"But?" I ask carefully. He looks me in the eye and seems to struggle with himself.
"But maybe you'll make me one." I look at him in confusion, but before I can ask another stupid question, he gently places his lips on mine, almost as if he expects me to push him away in disgust.
If only he knew! I return the kiss carefully and then look at him confused.He exhales relieved and looks at me. "I'll take care of you from now on. Something like this will never happen to you again.”
I look at him with big eyes. "How do you mean that?""If Umbridge wants to punish you again, for whatever reason, I'll do it. I declare you my new favorite victim,” he explains with a brief grin. "But nothing will happen to you anymore. Promised." "If that works," I say quietly. I can't imagine not noticing it."It will work, she has no reason to distrust me," he says seriously, looking at me. "You have to trust me." That's what the snake said to the rabbit, but maybe it's also possible for natural enemies to become allies. I slowly nod. "OK." "Okay?" He looks at me a bit surprised."What part of 'okay' didn't you understand? I trust you.” I say again slowly.He still looks very amazed, but then he smiles. "Can you make it to the infirmary alone or do you want me to get someone?"I carefully push myself off the table and try to stand alone. Then I take a step, a little wobbly, but I'll be fine. I nod. "I'm sure I can do it." He nods. "OK. Then go to the hospital wing now. See you.” He actually kisses me again and if I hadn't believed it the first time, I know it for sure now. Smiling, I turn to the door and leave.
It takes me a while to get to the infirmary, but I finally get there and Madam Pomfrey scurries towards me."Don't tell me you're here for... yes, that's exactly why you're here," she mumbles distractedly."Come on, child. I take care of you." She takes my good hand and leads me to a bed, which she pushes me onto. Then she takes a close look at my injury and raises her eyebrows. "Who healed that?" "A friend," I promptly lie. "She heard about this one weird spell... it worked quite well. But it still hurts and well, it's not completely closed yet." She looks at me suspiciously, then sighs. "What dark times when our students have to use black magic to heal their friends."
Then she prepares a paste while I make one blood-forming potion to make up for the blood loss.
Meanwhile, Madam Pomfrey takes care of the wounds with Murtlap Essence, then sets me another strengthening potion while she finishes the paste.She then smears it on the wound. It feels pleasantly cool. She puts a bandage around it and smiles bitterly at me."Leave it in your hand until tonight, then you can take it off. I'm sorry you fell victim to this megalomaniac. In the future, perhaps you should simply swallow any resistance.”"Nice advice, but I won't surrender," I murmur.
"Thank you, Madam Pomfrey. Also on behalf of everyone else. You do a lot for us.”
"That's my job," she replies, smiling. "Well, hush, you can go." I nod, go in search of Ginny and hear her from afar."..you slimy b*stard! what did you do to her Where is she? By Merlin, if you don't tell me where y/n is right away, there will be a great disaster!"
I turn the corner and see Ginny beating Draco down.He just looks at her calmly and expressionlessly. "She is fine. I already told you that.”"You liar! You're enjoying it!” she yells now and I walk as fast as I can, but with my still weakened energy reserves I'm not as quick as usual. "Ginny," I call out, breathless from the few hasty steps. "I am here." She drives around."Y/n! Oh God, what did he do to you?” She lunges at me and throws her arms around my neck, then looks at my hand.
"Oh, by Merlin!" She turns to face Draco. "You naughty little rat! she's fine, yes? What the hell did you do to her?" I put my good hand on her shoulder. "He didn't do anything to me," I say quietly.
"That was Umbridge. Leave him alone, I'll tell you everything in detail later."
She hisses something ugly in Draco's direction again and then leaves.
I look at him. 'Sorry,' I mouth my lips and he nods almost imperceptibly. Then I run after Ginny. As soon as we're out of earshot, she snaps at me, "Why are you defending him? He works for Umbridge! Are you completely insane? Have they brainwashed you?” "Ginny," I growl now. "Just sit down and listen to me, if you please." And then I tell her about the things that happened.
And especially in the detail of how Draco set me free and healed.. and kissed me.
And that he promised to protect me from that pink b*tch. Her jaw drops. "And you certainly weren't hallucinating?" I shake my head vigorously."Then I would have dreamed he healed most of my hand, right?" She stops and stares out the window, lost in thought. "So you think he's one of the good guys?" "Maybe," I mumble. "But I trust him. It can only be an advantage if he protects me from Umbridge." "If he's doing it and wasn't just making fun of you," she grumbles."Ginny," I sigh. "Stop picking on him. If he screwed me, then okay. Then do it. But at least give him a chance.” She doesn't look enthusiastic, but nods slowly. "And please don't ever mess with the old woman again.""I won't promise you that under any circumstances," I laugh bitterly. "I will not bend.""You're a stubborn dork," she sighs and I hug her tightly. "Yep. And that's why you love me."