☆6☆

I'm standing in the Room of Requirement and I just smashed Fred and George into the wall at the same time. Harry is still laughing and clapping. So far, we've easily managed to remain undetected.
We're all incredibly good now, while outside of this room Umbridge continues her reign of terror.
Just to bring this woman down, I will gladly sacrifice every second of my time for the DA.
She punished me more often out of sheer harassment. Anyway, she thought she was punishing me, because she's really into the fact that Draco supposedly likes to torment me so much.That's why she always leaves him to do all the work, which manifests itself in the fact that we sit in this room together and talk for ages, then I bandage my hand and return to class feeling a little more covered than before. She just buys it from us. Fred and George are just getting to their feet when suddenly Dobby appears in the room. "Harry Potter has to go!" the little boy exclaims fearful. "The Wicked Witch is on her way to punish Harry Potter and his friends!" "What?" Ginny looks at me in shock.
Someone betrayed us.
And then everything happens very quickly, we flee headlong from the Room of Requirement, Harry yells instructions at us as to where we should run and makes sure that he is the last one to leave the room. I help him. "Run, Y/n!" he snaps at me now and I nod. Together we run down the corridor, I turn left and Harry right. Suddenly I see Draco. He looks at me in shock and I stare back in shock.
"What are you doing here?" he hisses. "Escaping!" I hiss back. "What the hell are you doing here?" he moans. "Don't tell me you're in that stupid club, Y/n.""I am!" I exclaim suppressed. "Why are you here?" "Umbridge sent us out to get Potter," he mumbles, a little pissed off, like he's sorry he has to tell me this. "Get out before one of the others gets their hands on you!""And what do you do then?" I ask suspiciously. He grinds his teeth. "My job." "You're not going to hurt Harry, are you?" I look at him intently. He shakes his head slightly. "It'll turn out okay for your Potter somehow. He's lucky you like him." I raise my eyebrows. "You do this for me?" "Wrong answer," he mumbles. "I don't hurt him too much because of you." "You know I hate that, Draco," I mumble now, but then step up to him and give him a quick kiss. "Please, please promise me nothing will happen to Harry." "I can't promise you that, Y/n," he murmurs. "But I promise I'll try my best to make it all right. By Merlin, you're making me dump all my commissions." "Maybe you'll become one of the good guys after all," I murmur, smiling. "I want to find out from you what's going on here.""Today at midnight at the Astronomy Tower. I'll make sure the hallways are empty, you can get there unhindered.” He murmurs and then pushes me past him."Now run as fast as you can and don't get caught!" I run and run and run, and I just hope Draco keeps his promise. I arrive at our commonroom and Ginny jumps up immediately. "Y/n! Oh god, I thought they caught you!” I slowly shake my head and as she hugs me, I whisper, "Draco let me go." She looks at me with raised eyebrows. "And Harry?"I shrug. "He.. he said he wants to make sure things go smoothly for him.""As if he would do that! He hates him abysmal!” she hisses now angrily.
"Merlin, wait a minute!" I snap back. "Who betrayed us anyway?" "I dunno," Ginny says at a normal volume now, pretending not to be pretty pissed off. We sit idly in the common room until Harry suddenly comes in. And he looks pretty whole. I breathe,Draco may have kept his promise.
He sits down with us and starts talking, always looking a little thoughtful when someone asks about Draco."Anyway, Dumbledore said it was all up to him," Harry sighs now."Therefore... we will not be punished.""And Dumbledore?" I ask quietly. "He fled," he grumbles. "When Fudge was about to arrest him." Can't get any more out of him at the moment, plus he disappears pretty soon with Ron and Hermione in tow. The three are probably already planning their next adventure.It's getting quite late and I quickly do some homework, take a shower and then change. Ginny watches me suspiciously. "Where do you want to go now?""out," I mumble. "With who? Malfoy?”"Yes, with Draco." I make a point of emphasizing his very real and quite beautiful first name so that she might realize that I might as well just call her 'Weasley' and that would be very rude.
"You meeting this guy in the middle of the night? Are you tired of life?” she snaps at me now.
I take a deep breath and turn to face her. "Either you accept the whole thing so slowly or we don't get along in life anymore. You don't have to like him. I know he wasn't really nice to you, maybe not even is. But he's incredibly charming and kind to me. And I like him, really.” She looks at me mockingly. "Okay, get lost. I'm not getting you out of it.""Thanks, my hair is long enough to take care of myself if I have to,” I murmur annoyed and leave the dorm.
I carefully step out of the common room and the Fat Lady sits asleep in her portrait.
He wasn't lying, the hallways are empty. Not a soul roams here, not even the ghosts.I quickly walk through the castle and finally stand in the astronomy tower.It's quite dark inside, although the almost full moon shines in from outside, but that's not a sufficient light source.
I narrow my eyes and try to see something. Suddenly a shadow emerges from the darkness and for a moment I'm scared to death, but then I recognize the light blonde shock of hair."You really came." "I... uh," I mumble, confused. "Of course. Why not?" I walk up to him and he smiles slightly. Somehow he looks a little bitter. "I thought you were resentful of what happened at noon today.I shrug. "I already told you I hate it. That's just how it is. But…""But?" he asks and takes another step towards me so that he is standing directly in front of me.Its incredibly pleasant scent fills my nostrils and clouds my mind. "I..." I look up not really wanting to say what I was about to say. So I prefer not to say anything.
"Yes?" he asks with a smile and puts his hand on my cheek.From this spot, a warmth spreads over my whole body that I have never felt before."I still like you," I murmur, entranced. He kisses me hesitantly, but when I put my hands on his chest, he deepens the kiss, dares more.I feel incredibly safe and secure and I never thought in my life that I would feel so comfortable with a Slytherin, especially a Malfoy. "You're really special," he finally murmurs, looking at me like I'm a wonder of the world.
I look up at him without a word. Then I say: "Why?"An ironic smile played around his lips. “One thing they say about me is definitely true. I don't really care about my fellow human beings."
I swallow. Do I want to know how the sentence continues? "But?" I ask a little scared.He tucks a strand of hair behind my ear. "But somehow you are different. You .. I .. can't stay away from you with the best will in the world." "Like the moth and the light?" I ask, laughing slightly, actually joking, but he nods seriously. "You can compare it to that, Y/n," he murmurs softly, looking into my eyes. "It's a bit overwhelming for me, to be honest."These eyes drive me insane, hypnotize me. And tonight I see very clearly that there is something other than this cool mask.I see confusion, concern, seriousness and sincerity.I don't think he's lying to me. If he were this stone cold son of a b*tch, he wouldn't risk losing his reputation just for treating me like that. He touches me like I'm made of glass, he talks to me like I'm his only ally. He touches something in me, changes me."I love you," I suddenly blurted out. Crap! Damn dragon poop! Great, Y/n, now wasn't exactly the right time. I stare at him in shock and he looks back in shock."What?" "I..." Oh shit. What the hell. It's out now anyway, so I can tell him.
"I've been in love with you for quite a while. And.. well.” I shrug my shoulders helplessly. What can I say? A wide smile creeps onto Draco's lips. "Really?" "Now don't make fun of me," I murmur, looking away, but he puts a hand on my chin, forcing me to look at him. Then he kisses me briefly.
"Nobody's ever said that to me." I look at him in surprise. He nods affirmatively. "You can take my word for it." I don't understand how you can't love him when you know him.
It's an absolute mystery to me. Okay, this Pansy Parkinson's duckling after him, but somehow that doesn't count."Not even Pansy?" I ask in this context and he grimaces almost in disgust.
"It doesn't count," he says simply, and I have to hold back a laugh. "She doesn't even really know me." "But I do?" I look up at him questioningly. He nods slowly. "You probably know me better than anyone else in this world." My heart just melts away. I have nothing more dreamed of than having such a conversation with Draco one day."And, I'm half-blood. What do you think of that?” I ask now teasingly, knowing that he probably wouldn't be here if that disgusted him. "Firstly," he murmurs, kissing me briefly. “Your father comes from a well-known pure bloodline. So much for the arrogant Draco in me. Second, maybe I don't care. Maybe it's all about you, your kind. Because you're good for me." I look at him wide-eyed and swallow. "You can go on talking now, I'm happy to listen to you."
"I don't know what love feels like," he murmurs now, looking quite lost for a moment.
"But I think it should feel something like it does now. With you." My heart falters, then it races.
"Now I'll take that as a confession of love, Malfoy." A small laugh escapes my throat. He frowns briefly. “Do that. But please don't call me 'Malfoy'. Everyone does. Hearing you say my name is incredibly beautiful.”I beam at him and spontaneously throw my arms around his neck. "You know this is crazy?""The craziest thing I've ever seen in my life," he murmurs, wrapping his arms around me tightly."I'll just remind you, I'm a Gryffindor. You are a Slytherin. It's so taboo."
I feel Draco shrug. "I'm a Malfoy, taboos are broken by me."I laugh and pull away to kiss him."And now I'd like to know more about this afternoon."We sit outside together where it's a little bit lighter and I enjoy the sight of Draco even more than I did just now. He tells me pretty much what Harry told me. A few more details because he has this certain background knowledge that none of us can have because we have nothing to do with Umbridge and the Ministry and because we weren't there.
"Well.. anyway, I pushed Umbridge into accepting that Dumbledore wanted to be to blame. But not without a price.” I look at him in shock. "What price?" "I reminded her that he'd be out of the way and she was free," he murmurs."That will probably make her even more cruel to you." I shrug. "Why not. It's not going to get any better with that old cow." He pulls me into his arms. "You're really dogged."
I shrug. "Do I have any other choice here?" Draco laughs and it sounds so great, it feels beautiful that he's so relaxed."You probably don't. Otherwise we might not be here.” "How come? When was I dogged towards you?' I want to know.""When you were desperate to write those twelve sentences," he laughs. "That impressed me. You've already crawled on your gums, but didn't want to give up. That was one of the reasons why I made myself want to get closer to you than is good for both of us.”
"Good for both of us?" I look at him sheepishly."Let's be honest," he murmurs now and hugs me tighter. “Everyone will be yelling at us. Your best friend hates me like a plague. And Umbridge better not see us together or I can no longer protect you." "So it's best for us to hang up on this straight away." I can't help but feel the bitter undertone in my voice."Say something like that again and I'll lock you in the room with Umbridge." Draco laughs and kisses the top of my head. “I know this woman and I know how to avoid her, when and where. Everything's ok. And if someone claims I can convince them in no time that they are either lying or that I was with you to punish you for something else.” "This will eventually go wrong, Draco," I murmur, a little discouraged.
"Don't say something like that," he replies resolutely. "Fact is, you're probably the best thing that could have happened to me. I don't deserve you, but I'm notoriously selfish, so I'm not going to let you go."
I have to smile. "You selfish asshole." "I'll take that as a compliment," he replies with a grin and I look up to kiss him.This all seems like a cross between a dream and a muggle teen movie [or a Wattpad story (; ].
This is everything I ever wanted, everything I never believed in and everything that always seemed so impossible. And it's such a really ugly cheesy situation - the good guys and the bad guys and a lot of nasty people opposed to it. Like a real soap opera.
But it's our soap opera and I'm sitting here alone with Draco on the astronomy tower and it feels like we're just normal people and this cruel world around us doesn't exist.