☆Epilogue☆

I furtively wipe the tears from my eyes. We are at platform 9 3/4, after so many years.
"Mum, can you stop crying? It's not like I'm out of the world or anything..." Scorpius moans now and Draco laughs."This is a moving moment!" I justify myself to my son, but I have to laugh. He's like his father at that age. Outspoken, easily annoyed, but definitely like me. He gives in quickly and is basically a little wimp. I hug Scorpius again and Draco hugs us both.I take a deep breath and forbid myself to cry again. But damn it, he grew up so fast I had trouble keeping up.
And now he's going to Hogwarts for his first year and I know he's got a lot better days ahead of him. Suddenly our son looks a little unsure."What is it, honey?" I ask him affectionately.
"What should I wish for? What if the Sorting Hat puts me in the wrong house?" he asks sheepishly.
I hear Draco chuckle and he gently elbows my side. I crouch in front of our son and put my hand in front of his nose. "See that ring, Scorpius?" He nods cautiously and looks at me questioningly.
"The green stone represents Slytherin and the red stone represents Gryffindor," I explain.
"This ring is a symbol that there is no right or wrong as long as you believe in something. There are more important things than belonging to a house.You could get into Gryffindor because I was in Gryffindor, you're brave and risk-taking. Maybe you'll get into Slytherin because your father was a Slytherin, you're proud and ambitious when you have something close to your heart. But you're also hardworking and loyal, you might as well become a Hufflepuff. And you're incredibly smart and perceptive, maybe you'll be assigned to Ravenclaw. Scorpius, you see, you are suitable for every house and in every house you will find friends. You're never alone at Hogwarts, don't forget that."
He looks at me with big eyes. "Realy? Dad, is that right?" Draco laughs.
"Your mother would never tell you a lie." Scorpius still looks a little suspicious, but I think I've convinced him. "Now get on the train before I keep you here," I finally laugh and kiss his forehead again."Take good care of yourself and no matter what house you're in, behave yourself, okay? We don't want any letters from Hogwarts.""Don't take her so seriously," Draco whispers at our son, grinning. "Your mother collected quite a few letters herself."
"You liar!" I yell, slapping his shoulder, but I laugh and he grins. I love this man.
Back in my fourth year of high school, I never thought that this day would come like this.
I didn't even dare hope at the time that I would ever be able to talk to Draco - let alone marry him and raise a child with him. None of that matters today because we made it.
We are here and I can't think of anything better than being able to enjoy this day after day until the end of my life."Y/n!" A voice echoes across the platform and I turn around in astonishment.
"Ginny!" I was so engrossed in my melancholy that I didn't even notice it before. But there she is, with Harry and their son, who looks about as insecure as Scorpius. Hermione and Ron are also there and I look forward to seeing them all again.I give my son a nudge in the direction of Albus Severus and the two talk to each other gently while I hug Ginny tightly.
"You look good," she states with satisfaction. We chat for a while because we haven't seen each other in a really long time, but decide we need to change that.
And a few seconds later the Hogwarts Express whistles and we watch our children being whisked away to their first year of school.
Like us, many years ago.
And I can't believe I'm standing here with Ginny, Harry and the others, but especially Draco.
We survived. We've made something big out of our lives and that's what ultimately counts.

🖤🖤The End🖤🖤

🎉 You've finished reading Lights will guide you home and ignite your bones and I will try to fix you 🎉