Six | choregirl.

That sleepless night, you had settled into bed a lot earlier than normal. Although a few crew members came to check on you concerned.

''Are you not feeling alright?'' A curious long-nosed pirate came to inspect the dorm room.

''Yes,'' you muttered.

''You're not acting as energetic as usual. Is it some sort of sickness?'' Not getting any response in return, the long-nose decided to leave you to yourself.

* * *

It finally came time for Sanji to return the superficial sister of yours back to her chambers. On his way, the
smitten blond gentleman was captivated by the young girl's beauty. Often listening to her complaints about her younger sister and other personal problems.

''She's so dumb,'' she laughs to herself, reminded of you.

''Who?'' Sanji responds, listening to the conversation at hand.

''My sister. She's pathetic. Setting me up on a date with you, just for some measly cooking lessons. I mean I know you're a skilful cook and all but she could just find some library book recipe or something right? I guess I shouldn't complain though, she pays me well after all. People like her just make me feel sick, always so absent-minded and unaware. I have to say, the way you treat her is laughable, the way you bark orders at her all the time. Telling her to get things done, for someone who acts completely different with other women.'' Rambling on, Sanji finds himself at a sudden loss for her words.

''You have a sister?''

''Yes, remember y/n, the one you teach? Or I guess you prefer to refer to her as your clumsy 'chore boy.''' The impertinent girl giggles aloud.

''I don't blame you at all, if I was a man I wouldn't find her attractive either. She does look like more of a boy than a girl. It's sad. Her hair is so short-''

''Chore boy is a girl?!'' Sanji stops in his tracks, speechless. His cigarette slipping out of his hands.

''You didn't know?'' Irene's eyes grow wide, biting back a laugh. 

''No? Are you completely sure?'' Her voice became a faraway buzz of empty words. Sanji was far too caught up reliving every moment he had with you. Remembering how cruel he was to you.

Recalling his dismissive attitude towards you from your very first encounter. How he felt frustrated at your slow speed as you worked and how ruthlessly he pushed you to the point you fell tirelessly to the ground, understandably so. Your words of advice this morning, and his inconsiderate response. The day at the spa, when he traced your skin, your discomfort with him and the shorts you wore. A wave of regret and embarrassment set in hitting him all at once.

* * *

On his way back to the ship, heavy rain was pouring down. Sanji had far too many thoughts running through his mind as to why you didn't just tell him initially. Were you too afraid? Did you fear him? Why didn't you just explain it to him? It made him feel like a jerk, all of his past remarks eating him inside. The way he had treated you from the start. The way he'd never dare to treat any woman. All these questions left him, empathetic of the unpleasantness he put you through.

''Where is Chore boy?'' Sanji calls out desperately.

''Asleep. Why?'' Zoro replies.

Entering the dorm room, Sanji was surprised to find you absent from the room. Looking around the ship impatiently, he returned to the same spot where you would sleep. Only to find a small note, lying comfortably on the pillow. It read, ''thanks for the lessons teach, I'm off to continue things on my own now. Thank you all for letting me stay on your ship. I won't forget your kindness - chore boy''