Ten | The ''other woman.''

The following morning, after careful consideration. You had come to a conclusion as to what you wanted to do. Admitting your decision to your parents was the hardest part. To your surprise, they were much more understanding than you expected.

''You're a grown woman now, I can't hold you back forever,'' your father clarified. ''Even if I did say no, you would probably join either way and I don't want our relationship to end on a resentful note. Just make sure you trust the people on that ship and let us know you're alive by writing to us.''

''Of course,'' you hugged him feeling thankful and glad.

Your sister, however, was much more hostile to you today than normal.

''Don't get ahead of yourself. You're still just their 'chore boy.''

''I already told you we cleared that up. They know I'm just a girl and they're happy for me to join them.''

''They'll never accept you as their crew member. You will always just be their personal housemaid. Remember that.''

''Whatever.''

''Keep in mind you wouldn't know Sanji if it wasn't for my assistance. Maybe be a little grateful for once.'' She scoffs.

* * *

Carrying all the clothes and essential items you'd need you headed to where the ship was docked, to set up your stuff in the spare room.

''You could've told me, you had that much to carry. I would've helped you,'' Sanji says removing the items on your back.

''It's fine-''

''Sanji-san!'' A cheerful female voice hums abruptly and tackles him to the floor in a giant hug.

''I missed you so much. Why didn't you come to see me?'' She whined. When you turned to see her face, you were shocked to see it was none other than your loathsome sister. Her hands wrapped around his neck, pulling him into her chest in what appeared to be an uncomfortable hug.

''What are you doing here?'' You asked confused.

''To see Sanji-san, of course. Can't I come to see a good friend of mine? Right, Sanji-Kun?'' She cooed. Intertwining her fingers with his.

-
Settling your clothes into the empty small closet wardrobe, you made yourself comfortable. Cleaning the room you were soon going to be sleeping in and living in. Setting the bedsheets and pillows, you made sure to bring your own personal body wash and shampoos.

''Do you need help?'' Sanji walks in, which startles you. You were crouched on the ground, folding the clothes you had stuffed in your bag.

''Not really,'' you said, overlooking your clothes, evading his gaze. He slowly proceeded to sit down beside you, reaching for a pair of jeans scattered on the ground. He folded them neatly placing them in a pile of already folded jeans. The atmosphere was peaceful and Sanji seemed different. Caring. Something you'd never expect him to express to you, all those feelings dug in your heart from the past a long time ago, resurfacing.

Reaching for the last piece of clothing yet to be folded, your hands touched only slightly grazing one another. When you looked up, he was staring right back at you hiding a nervous smile. You couldn't help but wonder who he was. Is this the Sanji you knew and loved, the one who neglected you and distanced himself from you?

The two of you froze captivated in the heat of the moment, entirely oblivious of the person watching you from the side. Hiding behind the half-open door, torn to see the man she also treasured was more enchanted by her younger unappealing sister.

The door creaked open, revealing your sister.

''Sanji, I need your help,'' she hummed breaking the awkward silence between the two of you. Sanji averted his eyes in her direction and you seized the last piece, folding it carefully as if nothing had happened.

***

Successfully, unpacking the last item from your bag and setting it to the side, you fell on your bed defeated. You had spent the entire day, first mopping the floor allowing it to dry, getting rid of dust here and there and folding clothes neatly into your small closet. Working all day, reminding you of your days with the straw hats in the past. Only this time it was different.

Hearing a small knock on the door. You stood up.

''It's me,'' Irene walks in.

''I have something important to tell you, before you leave and everything...'' she continues.

''I have a crush on Sanji.'' She proclaims. Taking you by surprise, since she was well aware of your feelings for him too. Ever since the straw hats left prior and the time you'd spent alongside them also, she knew because you told her so, trusting her.

''I know you like him. But it has been a long and rough year, those feelings are probably gone. Now that I've seen him and how much he loves me I think he'd make a great husband.''

''Husband?'' You choked.

''Yes, I told Dad and Ma about him too. They said they support my relationship.''

''He agreed to marry you? You don't even know him?''

''It's good to plan ahead.'' She chuckles.

''Why are you telling me this? To rub it into my face?'' You felt sick, this wasn't the first Irene had tried to hurt your feelings. All throughout childhood, she would always try and take things away from you, whether it was your toys, your friends or the spotlight in general. You got used to living in her shadow.

''I guess you could look at it that way, but no. I'm here to let you know that I plan to confess to him tonight and there's nothing you can do about it.''