Nine | Reunited.

''There's no point in running. No point hiding from me.''

Frozen you stand paralysed and silent. He was right before you, looking into your eyes. His face had changed. You knew why, you were sure he was here to berate you. To yell at you again. As he always did. Nevertheless, the words that left his mouth were not what you expected.

''Why did you lie to me? Why did you run away? Why?'' He repeated the question. You clenched your hands together, the lively world around you still buzzed on, the townspeople and tourists moving around absent-minded and caught up in their own busy lives.

''Are you scared of me?'' His voice was a hoarse whisper. Everything felt like it was moving so slow. The people passed by in slow motion. Yet, your heart was beating so tremendously fast, throbbing in your ear forcefully.

Stepping back, you froze again as Sanji made his way toward you. Etching closer by the second. Your heartbeat synched with his gradual steady footsteps. On the outside you appeared helpless regardless inside you were panicking. Unsure of how to act. A part of you wants to stay. Hear him out. Question his intentions. Has he finally snapped? Finally, decided to strike you.

Strangely, when he reached out his hands to you, he embraced you. Reeling you into his warm chest, feeling the sensation of his body warmth against you. You were completely astounded, your hands idly at your side in defeat. He held you close to his chest in his arms tightly as if you might fly away if he didn't hold on tight enough.

''Don't you dare scare me like that again.'' He whispered into your ear. It felt like a million butterflies had been set loose inside your heart and stomach. Telling you to never let go of him.

Unexpectedly, bringing your attention back to the surrounding people, a familiar voice called you out.

''Oh wow, Chore boy it's really you isn't it? I can recognise those eyes from a mile away. No way Sanji too. I missed you guys! Group hug!'' A turbulent long-nosed pirate overran the previously intimate moment, his hands wrapping around you and Sanji by surprise.

''No way Usopp! Since when do you work out?'' You gasp at his now new robust muscular figure nothing like the skinny weak rowdy coward, who would scream if you pinched him too hard.

''What can I say my whiny wimp days are over. I'm my own man now.'' He states, still bold as ever.

* * *

Re-grouping where the 'thousand sunny' ship had been docked, supposedly for a while. On your way there, Sanji followed closely behind and Usopp entertained you with the many adventures he had been up to. Every so often, you found your mind drawing your attention back to the interaction you had with Sanji before he interfered.

You were tackled by none other than the joyful straw hat pirate captain Luffy.

''Chore boy! You're really here. Usopp actually was telling the truth.'' He cried.

''What do you mean 'actually telling the truth,'' the long-nosed spoke visibly offended.

''HE'S A GIRL?!'' They all gasped, in disbelief.

''Didn't we tell her to stay in the men's chambers? Why didn't she tell us?'' Nami raised the question.

In the midst of the reunion and heated conversations. A nervous Brook poses the burning question that he'd been holding in.

''Miss Y/n or chore girl if you prefer. Will you please grant me the honour to inspect your panties?''

''Shut up!'' Sanji kicks the tall skeleton tackling him to the ground fiercely.

''Ouch.''

''Wait now that I think about it. The fact that we didn't know her name probably explains how little we really knew her,'' Franky adds.

''Y/n?'' Luffy says nodding to himself sceptically, lost in thought. ''Why don't you join my crew?'' He says indifferently posing the question as if it was no significant matter to him.

Meanwhile, while the reunited group of friends were happy to see their old friend return, listening to their dialogue not too far away leaning on a tree was a troubled individual who felt bitter and upset as to why her little sister received the attention she so deeply craved for.