Eleven | Someone else.

Waking up to the sound of the waves hitting the ship harshly. You sluggishly dragged yourself out of the bed you were in, feeling deflated. You had been turning in bed all throughout the night barely able to catch a lick of sleep. The thoughts that imploded crowding your mind unwilling to seize to an end. Whether it was your sister's daunting words from last night or the uneasy feeling of sleeping on a moving ship that left you restless was uncertain. Standing up, you shook off the nerves and reminded yourself of the day ahead of you as well as your newfound purpose.

A subtle knock on your bedroom door pulled you out your restless mind.

''It's me, Usopp!'' He opened the door.

''Oh, good! You're awake. We need your help. It's urgent. The captain needs your urgent help.''

''What!'' You panicked, rushing out the door.Where you were greeted by an extended rubber arm tightly wrapped around Usopp's leg on the ground, outstretched on the floor of the ship like a helpless starfish lay Luffy. His mouth gaped open, his face in distress as he spoke dramatically.

''Foooooooood~'' he stretched out the word in a monotone voice. Your formerly panicked face promptly formed a frown. Obviously, you should've foreseen this coming. The last time you'd tried to sleep when you first met the two knuckleheads they would always pull something overly dramatic to satisfy their hunger, just like they were now. Back then, your innocence lead you to believe Luffy was actually in pain only to realise his well-put 'act' way too late.

''Get out!!''You barked, ''And get up from the ground drama princess. Ask you're ship's cook!'' You slammed the door in their faces.

''Fooooood~'' Luffy whined from the other side of the door in a futile attempt to get you to open the door.

***

After a brief hour or so, you'd been cocked up leaning against your locked door, reading a few pages from a newspaper article to pass time. The noises from the other side of the door had died down and it seemed the coast was clear.

When you made your way to the green field on the ship, you were met by a peaceful Robin appreciating the sunrise. You passed by her and she gave you a subtle smile. Sneaking off into the kitchen, you were surprised to not find Sanji cooking something up instead the same two mischievous knuckleheads perched over the locked fridge, picking at the lock aimlessly.

''Has Sanji not made the two of you anything yet? That's unlike him.''

''He hasn't made it back yet.'' Ussop responded. ''Please y/n,-'' They began to plead.

''Fine. But only under the condition none of you tries to sneak in the kitchen while I'm cooking.''

''Sweet. You're amazing. We won't ever bother you again,'' they ran off, happily closing the door behind them.

***

It was dark outside now, the sun had long set. After he carried the two sleepyheads to their bedrooms and removed them from the railing, Zoro decided to keep guard of the ship at the crow's nest.

It wasn't long before the arrival of a much anticipated person. More so the person whom you were eagerly lingering to see. Still left up in the kitchen was you, Nami and what you presumed was a sleeping skeleton since he hadn't moved an inch for an extended period of time. You had already cleared up all the dirty pieces of plates and cutlery but continued to wash the last plate hoping to drown out the worry clustering your mind awaiting the one person you'd been avoiding patiently to return.

Hearing the kitchen door open, you felt your heart pick it up the pace as you swore you wouldn't avert your eyes from the plate you were holding.

''Sorry for keeping you all waiting so long, I had to run some errands and got sidetracked.''

''Sanji's back! Felt like forever since you were here. Thank God we had Y/n or I might've had to restort to tying those two idiots on a leash,'' Nami sighed in relief.

The atmosphere felt heavy almost, somewhat humid from the light rain that trickled down the ship's windows. Sanji didn't move from his position at the door, and you disputed how to cut the awkward silence without bringing up his errands.

''I'm-''

''What did you make for the others?-''

''Sorry for cutting you off. What were you about to say.''

''It's okay I was just happy your back and well.''

''Let me help you, set everything back in the cupboards,'' he pointed to the stacked tower of cleaned plates on your side.

''Okay I'm heading off to catch some much needed beauty sleep, make sure to turn off the lights in here before you head off. Good night,'' Nami sighed, stretching her arms before heading out the door impatiently leaving you alone with the ship's cook.

Hearing the door close, Sanji cuts the silence ,''Is there something going on between you and your sister?''

''No why, did she tell you otherwise?''

''Come to think of it, she did address the topic of marriage to me. I imagine she was lying of course. But she explicitely told me not to tell you.''

''She's probably just upset I'm leaving,'' you forced an awkward laugh. ''You know how she can be. Ambitious as ever.''

''That reminds me how did your parents react, to your choice.''

''They're content as long as it's what I want. Why?''

''Nothing,''His hand covered yours momentarily, a frustrated look painted on his face. ''If there's anyone that's harming you, just know you don't have to hide it from me I won't ignore you.''

''What's the sudden change?'' You were startled by his change of expression. ''Did Irene something out of the ordinary? I'm not being harmed by anyone-''

''I know it's not something that might want to open up about right away, I get that. I just want you to know I'm here.'' The words couldve just been a simple friendly gesture of support.

''Thank you?''

''You should go and catch some sleep I'll put the rest of these trays away. Thanks for cooking in my absence.''

---

Sitting in your bedroom that night, you felt confused yet calmed at the turn of events and pleased Sanji wouldn't be returning as the brother-in-law you feared. It didn't seem like Irene's planned confession worked, wether she did or didn't but his consoling words made it clear something untruthful was said in that confession. And it had her wicked footprints all over it.