7.

Atlas

It didn't take long for Atticus to fill me in on the details

It didn't take long for Atticus to fill me in on the details. There really wasn't a whole lot he could fill me in on, about the accident. At least nothing in regards to Lia.

Errol however was an entirely different story. Atticus had dug up novels about the guy. Literally. Apparently he had written books.

Lia had definitely managed to downplay how exceptional her son's pianist career was, and in return, I felt like someone who just had the floor pulled out from underneath them.

Apparently this man had won awards. An incredible amount of awards at that, from composing to performance... I almost couldn't believe what Atticus was telling me as I listened on intently. It wasn't that Lia wasn't proud of her son, or secretive about him in some way. If I had asked her more about Errol, I knew she wouldn't of hesitated to tell me all about this, but I also knew that wasn't what our relationship was.

When we were together, art was our focus.

Truthfully, I had a bit of a crush on Lia. Nothing I would've ever thought of doing something about, I respected her and Doug's relationship too much, but it was hard not to love her. I think it was hard for anyone not to love her.

Now I wish I would've asked more questions about her family. Involved myself more in her personal life.

Sometimes I wondered whether or not my life could be filled with millions of what ifs. Things I wish I could go back on and correct, yet knowing I can't... and dealing with some of those horrid ramifications.

It's a tricky thing, isn't it?

Living.

It's not for the faint of heart, that's for sure.

Atticus did his best to explain as much as he could, but unfortunately, there was so much more I wanted to know.

Not really about Errol, but more about Lia. What her life was like for the last few months leading up to the crash. If she thought of me as often as I thought about her during the time we hadn't seen each other. If she knew how sorry I am.

I felt like I could write a biography on Errol Ballantine from the amount of information Atticus found. This guy really had no problem keeping his entire existence as famous and public as possible. I had to tell Atticus to skip whole chunks of information, like what celebrity Errol was dating this month.

There wasn't an accurate enough word to describe how little I cared about that.

Atticus mentioned that there wasn't much on Errol after the accident. He was only able to find a few composing projects with his name tied to them, and no interviews to promote them.

Atticus also said he couldn't find a single performance done by Errol after the accident. That the only work Errol had done since, was composing. There was also a run in with the law while he was out drunk a few months ago, where apparently Errol swung on the bouncer at Rouge, the popular night club downtown. He missed and fell into the line of people waiting to go inside, which started some fight.