35.

Double upload today :)
xoxo

Atlas

That last conversation kept me up at night every fucking day till Sunday came around

"The only thing that can bother me would be something that bothers you, how others feel about it is entirely useless to me..."

There was absolutely no fucking reason he had to say something so... so...

Fuck, I thought to myself.

My heart must've been set on fucking autopilot years ago because I have never, in all my years of existing, felt so out of control with my emotions until that moment.

"Damn." I had whispered in return, sounding about as stupidly lovestruck as one possibly could. The rough chuckle Errol let slip past his lips, made me thank the good lord I was already laying in bed, because my legs would've gave out.

Luckily he took hold of the conversation before I could say anything else so incredibly stupid. "Then it's decided, you tell whoever you want to tell. Conversations with my father are not particularly my favourite way to pass time, so you have no reason to be worried. Like I said, general questions only."

His words sounded so reassuring Friday night, but now that Sunday evening was pulling right up to my fucking doorstep, I felt the complete opposite of calm.

"It's not a date." I told Nyra for the hundredth time, as she helped me straighten my tie. This was the inevitable downside to having her help dress me, the only times I did that was when I actually cared about how I looked, and that only happened when I had an event to care about. That was rare.

It didn't take long for her to piece together where I was going, and it took even less time for her to offer to drive me. At first I was absolutely against that idea, but when it dawned on me that I would probably be a whole lot less nervous if she drove me instead of Errol, I eventually agreed.

This agreement then led to a serious of interrogation questions, so was I really winning anything here? I couldn't tell.

"You say all that, but you're literally wearing your favourite blue tie. Your actions are speaking much louder than your words here, my love."

"It's not even like that! First of all, why would I call this a date when Errol's father is going to be there? Do you know how long it's been since I've seen Doug? This has to be the complete opposite of what a date is." I tried to remind Nyra of knowledge she already knew.

"You're right. You both skipped the dating part and went straight to meet the parents." She countered.

"I've already met the parents!" I shot back with, only causing Nyra to chuckle as she gave my shoulders the pat of approval. Apparently this glow up montage had come to an end in my Cinderella retelling.