Chapter 8 - Used To Be

The port city of Cartalpas is the most popular coastal city in the world and a great city. Many people come here for different reasons. Some are looking for the cultural heritage, some for admiring the city architecture, and some looking for business opportunities. Hence, that's why the city was prosperous.

Although, not like once it was before.

"There's a decreasing number of trade going on here."

Bronze, the Port Authority Manager looking at the monthly reports given by his assistance. He took the previous reports from the cabinet, comparing it to the present reports. His face turned gloomy.

"Did we already know the roots of this problem?" He asked with a low tone.

His assistant turned his face to the floor. After some seconds, his mouth began to open and say, "It seems that most of them went to Gra Valkas Empire due to the rising popularity of their products, including the low prices of their products."

He stopped for a while, then looked at the Bronze face with sad eyes.

"Both of the purchase price and maintenance cost compared to our magical products. Our products seem to not be that competitive anymore. Therefore, not many ships come to Cartalpas and other Mirishial cities anymore due to low demand."

Bronze stared at his assistant. He knew why his eyes were looking sad, really. But, he can't do anything to help him, not in this situation.

"For now, it seems that we must cancel all upgrades that had been planned for the port infrastructure," Bronze said.

"But, sir, didn't that means those companies would lost their-"

"Yes, but we also don't need it at all. If we were still doing that, then we would lose another money."

"Uh....."

"Well, I will send my proposal to him tomorrow. I'm heading home, it's almost night already. How about you?"

"I will stay here for a bit longer. There are works that I must finish right now."

"Well, okay then. See you around."

Bronze then picked his bag and shook his assistant's hands before he left.

----------

Bronze glanced at the road in front of him. If he remembered it right, this crossroads seems similar to the one in Runepolis. Traffic lamps and the famous Zaber Cross, used to cross the street. When he remembered back to his teenage days, it was only available in Runepolis. Now, it seems that every city in the Holy Mirishial already has it, even in villages. He also heard that other countries like Parpaldia have started to use it too.

His eyes then looked at the signal lamp that was still glowing red. After some minutes, it finally turned to blue, and all pedestrians began to cross the roads. As the media said, it was a sign of a civilized country. After arriving on the other side of the road, he began to walk to the west where his house was located. Not long after, his eyes noticed something on the front.

"Newspaper! Be the first to read this hot news!"

Newsboy, a common sight in the entire Holy Mirishial Empire. He smiled, then walked towards the newsboy.

"Hey kids, give me one please," He said.

The boy then turned to look at the source of his sounds. When he finally got a view, he was surprised to see him.

"Ah Mr. Bronze, sure!"

The Newsboy then picked a newspaper called Cartalpas Khav. When he received it, he quickly looked at the Headlines which make the current hit.