Chapter three

"He's a diabetic!"

"No, I understand."

"Excuse me!" John B tried interrupting, but the man shushed him and kept listening to the woman in front of him.

"Hey, man, we—we found a boat," JJ tried to explain, but the man just ignored him.

"You're gonna wanna hear this." John B said.

"Hey! Calm down." the man yelled. "Now—"

"Canine diabetes is very..."

"Oh, my gosh. Diabetes for a dog?"

"Your boat? We're not worried about your boat right now, okay?" Everyone walked out of the building and stood next to each other outside.

"Well, that went well," said Pope.

"So, what's the plan?" JJ asked, his arm resting on John B's shoulder.

"I think I know how we're gonna find the guy who owns that boat." John B spoke.

"No, we don't know whose room that is. It could be anyone," Pope argued, pointing at the key in John B's hand. JJ took the key out of John B's hand and threw it to Kie.

"I'm in,"

"Come on. I'll be lookout," she smiled and walked away, JJ following her.

"Well, I obviously have nothing to do, so I'm in." Aurora said, following after JJ.

"Finders fee. Just sayin'." John B bumped his shoulder into Pope's. "And, hey, at least you'll only be an accomplice."

"Man,"

"C'mon bubba," Pope turned around and walked after John B. The crew took a long ride over to the motel where this random guy lived. When JJ saw it he let out a low whistle.

"And I thought the Chateau looked bad," he said.

"This place is a shit show," said John B.

"Motel or meth lab?" Kie asked.

"Good question," began Aurora, "both?" Kie laughed.

"Doesn't look like a place somebody with a Grady-White stays." John B said skeptically. He wasn't wrong. There was no way that someone who could afford a boat that expensive would be living in this shithole of a motel. It just didn't add up. They turned around the last bend and rode up to the grassy area in front of the motel.

"No. Looks like the place someone with a Grady-White would get killed," Pope pointed out. JJ stepped up to the front of the boat ready to tie it off. The motel had mattresses flung outside, trees had fallen over, smashed glass scattered the grounds and not many people were out cleaning it up. But it can't have looked too pretty before anyways.

"This is your captain speaking. HMS Pogue comin' in for landing," JJ jumped off the edge of the boat on the grass. "Whoo!" JJ tied up the boat and said they were good. Aurora climbed over the edge of the boat deciding she wanted to go check out the room. She was somewhat eager to find out what was in the room, and quite honestly didn't want to stay in a boat with just Pope and Kie and listen to a weird conversation.

"All right, here goes nothin'." John B walked up to the front of the boat. Pope called for his attention before he could hop off the boat.

"Don't let him do anything stupid," Pope said, his finger pointing over to JJ. He wasn't wrong to be worried about JJ. It seemed everything he did was something illegal.

"Oh, we will," JJ told him.

"I'm not making any promises," John B shrugged. "You comin' with?" he asked, pointing to the girl that was already off the boat.