Chapter eighteen

John B and Aurora had gone back to the Cameron's house. On the way there, John B explained to Aurora that he wanted her to go wait in her room while he had a talk with Sarah. He said after that, they were gonna go meet up with the rest of the Pogues, even Sarah was coming with them.

Aurora was kind of happy to spend some time with Sarah outside of the house. She was a little worried about how Kiara would react to her being with them though. She knew Kiara had an issue with Sarah; she just wasn't sure why.

They drove to the Chateau and all sat down on the porch. Except for Kiara, she was up pacing around. JJ and Aurora squeezed in a big chair together, Pope had his own, and Sarah and John B sat on the couch.

"No effing way!" Kiara said angrily, going to stand in front of John B and Sarah. "You brought her here? So what? She's in on this now?"

Kiara's nostrils flared angrily. This was already going south.

John B looked over at Pope who shrugged. "I dunno."

"Look," JJ said, calmly. "All I care about is her cut comes out of your share."

"You know, I don't remember taking a vote," Kiara's voice was getting louder. "This is our thing. A Pogue thing."

"I gotta say, I'm just a tad bit uncomfortable with all of this." Pope said.

"Thank you!"

"When are you not uncomfortable?" John B asked quickly.

"I dunno. I rode here on the back of JJ's bike pretty comfortably."

"It's true." JJ nodded his head to the side. "It's the most relaxed I've ever seen him."

"That's cute guys,"

"You know we were all extremely comfortable until you brought her," Kiara said looking at John B.

"Stop talking about me like I'm not here!" Sarah said, fed up with Kiara.

"Then leave."

"She's not fucking leaving, Kiara," Aurora said, looking over at Sarah. Sarah gave her a slight smile then turned back to John B.

"I told you," Sarah scoffed, making John B turn to look at her.

"Told him what, exactly? That you're a liar?" Kiara dragged.

"No, that you're a shit-talking bitch, Kiara," Sarah fired back.

"Oh, shit!" Pope exclaimed.

"Oh yeah!" Kiara yelled.

"When have I ever lied?"

Aurora turned her head sideways to see that Pope and JJ were betting on the girls. She slapped JJ's hand to get him to put the money away. All he did was turn around and try handing the money to her.

"I don't want your money," she said.

He shrugged and slipped it back into his pocket. "I'll just spend it on you some other way."

"You know get somebody close to you—" Kiara was still rambling on.

"I didn't lie about shit!"

"Everybody shut up!" John B yelled. Everyone went silent and turned to look at him. Sarah leaned back into the couch rolling her eyes. "Kie, you are my best friend, right? And Sarah, you're...you're my..."

"Say it," she whispered.

"You're my girlfriend," he laughed.

"Ohh...that's new,"

"She's your girlfriend now?" Kiara asked. "What was all that talk about you were just using her for information? Get a map, cut her loose."

"Shut the fuck up, Kiara," Aurora gritted out. "Why do you have to ruin everything?"