Chapter nineteen

The next morning, the girls were all sitting on the side of the boat. "Uh-oh!" they heard a familiar
voice yell. Pope and the rest of the boys were there.

"You forget your keys or something?"

"You guys need a tow?" John B yelled.

Kiara looked over to both of the girls. "Don't give them the satisfaction of thinking this worked," she said plainly. Aurora nodded her head, keeping a blank expression on her face.

"Absolutely not," Sarah agreed.

They all turned to look back at the boat approaching them. "You gotta admit it was funny!" John B yelled to them. Kiara was the first to speak.

"John B,"

"Uh, what's that?" he said.

"Mastermind, huh?"

"I'm always plannin'."

Sarah sat up straighter and crossed her arms over her chest. "Some patriarchal bullshit,"

"Yeah, that sucked," Sarah said.

"You don't have anything to say, Aurora?" John B said, turning to her. She just sat with her head on her knees and didn't move or say a word. John B gave her a weird look and turned back to the other girls. They all just shrugged.

"You still love us though, right?" JJ asked. Kiara just handed him a rope. They all got onto the boat.

"Hey, you still hate me?" John B asked Sarah.

"A little. We're gonna get you back when you least expect it." She crossed her arms looking down at John B. Kiara agreed with her.

"Watch your back, boys,"

"Well I for one welcome that challenge." Pope said. "So, did you guys, you know?"

"Reconcile our differences?" Kiara said, squinting into the sun.

"Mm-mm,"

"Not even close,"

"But, we're willing to work together,"

"You know what?" John B said. "That's a victory."

As the boys started celebrating with each other, Sarah turned her head towards the girls and winked. Kiara gave a little smirk while Aurora still stood there. "All right, shut up. You guys ready to jack some loot?" John B asked.

"Yeah, whatever," Kiara said, jumping into the boat. Sarah jumped in next and Aurora was last. Sarah went to sit next to John B who was controlling the boat while Kiara sat with Pope in the very front. Aurora went into the corner in the back of the boat, wrapping her arms around her legs. JJ went to sit down next to her.

He obviously hadn't taken the hint that she was pissed at him. And John B and Pope. She was pissed at all of them. He wrapped his arm around her and it took everything in her to not sink into his warmth. She wasn't going to give in already.

He seemed to do that to her. Anytime he touched her, she'd forget anything else that was happening in the world. She could be getting chased by an axe murderer and she wouldn't even care if she was in his arms.

"How did it go last night?" he asked. She sat there quietly, refusing to respond to him. To make it a little easier to ignore him, she turned her head away from him. She heard him sigh and a second later he grabbed her chin, turning her to face him. "I asked a question."

"And I don't really care," she responded.

He chuckled. "We'll see about that," he said. She wanted to know what he was talking about, but still refused to talk. The teens finally got to the dock at the Chateau. Sarah and John B ran off somewhere together, Kiara and Pope went home, and Aurora wasn't sure what she wanted to do.