Chapter twenty two

The next morning, John B walked into the bedroom JJ and Aurora were in. He looked at them all cuddled up in the sheets with a smile on his face, and then threw the pillow he had grabbed from the couch at them.

JJ groaned, flipping John B off, while Aurora worked her way out from under JJ's shirt. How she had managed to stay under there the whole night would forever be a mystery for her. Usually she was a restless sleeper. "What the hell?" she groaned, confusion lacing her voice.

She slowly cracked open her eyes, looking over to the person who threw the pillow at her. She slightly narrowed her eyes, glaring at him, then brought up her hand to flip him off. "Look, love birds," he said. "It's time to get out of bed. Ward's going to be suspicious that neither of his daughters or me are at the house. We gotta go."

"Fuck you," Aurora groaned. "Let me go back to sleep. I was comfortable."

She shoved her head back into JJ's shirt, not worried that John B was watching her. She knew that John B wouldn't say anything to anybody else. He wasn't that big of a bitch, or, at least she hoped he wasn't.

"Get her up, bro," was all he said before he walked out the door, closing it behind him.

JJ pulled his shirt off of Aurora making her groan. "Please, I don't want to go back there."

"I don't want you to either," he sighed. "John B's right though. You have to go so Ward doesn't get suspicious."

"But—"

JJ interrupted Aurora by pulling her into his lap and kissing her. "No but's, sweetheart. You guys will meet up with us in a little bit anyway."

"Y'know, if we keep doing this, we're gonna get caught," Aurora whispered.

"John B's already seen us sleeping together. In his house." JJ pointed out.

Aurora said, "I feel like if Kie and Pope find out they'll be weird about it."

"Don't worry about them, okay?" Aurora nodded. "C'mon, you better catch up with John B before he starts throwing a temper tantrum."

That made Aurora chuckle as they got up off the bed. JJ leaned down and planted a kiss on her forehead before she walked out the door.

She met up with John B and Sarah out on the porch. They drove as quickly as possible to the Cameron's household. Sarah and John B got out first and started walking around the side of the house quickly.

Aurora still sat in the driveway, not really wanting to go into the house. She was happy to know who her dad was, but it was weird. And knowing who her brother is...it made it even worse.

Waiting a few more seconds, she hopped out of the car and walked the same way Sarah and John B had.

She made it through the brush to where John B and Sarah were standing. Still being somewhat pissed that John B ruined her time with JJ, she decided to get payback on him.

She was still a few feet away and started sprinting to where they were. She held out her hand and slapped John B right across the forehead when she made it to him and continued running past him shouting, "Dickhead!"

Once she made it a good fifteen feet away from him, she stopped and leaned over panting. She perked back up when she heard leaves crunching.

John B had walked onto the little patio Aurora was standing on with Sarah right behind him. Aurora put her hands out in front of her defensively. "If you even think about coming near me I will bitch slap you," she warned. "That was payback for earlier. I'm not a morning person, John B."

"Yeah, John B," Sarah went along with what Aurora was saying.

"Wait a minute," he interrupted. "I'm getting ganged up on by the two of you. How is even that fair?"