Chapter twenty three

The Pogues all hopped into the Twinkie and headed to where the supposed warehouse was. Pope, who was sitting in the back, looked out the windows suspiciously.

"Soo..." he dragged out, twisting his head in multiple different directions. "They keep money out here?"

"That's what she said," JJ shrugged. He glanced over at Aurora and then looked down into his lap. He started to laugh which caught Aurora's attention.

"What?" she asked.

"That's what she said," he smiled, looking back up at his peers. Aurora held a little smirk on her face, trying not to break into a smile at the idiotic joke. She shook her head at the comment.

"Stop." Pope said quickly, shutting down JJ's antics.

He dropped his smile and looked down quickly. Everyone's attention was brought to Sarah when she spoke loudly. "I've never even heard of Resurrection Drive," she stated.

"It's 'cause you're rich." JJ said.

"You've never heard of it either," Kiara pointed out. JJ had no point to prove with what he had said.

"Thank you."

Kiara perked up, tilting her head at an angle so she could see out the window. "There's nothing but weeds out here." she observed.

"All right," JJ broke in. "Just because it's just weeds, doesn't mean it's, like..." he paused, not knowing what to say. He narrowed his eyes while looking out the back window, catching Aurora's attention.

Apparently, he had caught Kiara's too, because she turned around to see a cop car behind them. The car turned its lights on and whooped once, letting John B know he needed to slow down. "Cops? Out here?" Kiara said confused.

"God!" JJ threw his hands up into the air. "Are you kidding me?" he yelled. He looked down at the gold slab in his hand.

Aurora couldn't help but smile. She had to admit, it was funny when JJ got irritated sometimes.

Sarah turned around to see the car. She furrowed her eyebrows. "What did we do?" she asked. She brought up a good point. They weren't speeding or anything. No one could fathom why they were getting pulled over.

"Why are we getting pulled over?" Pope asked.

"Good question." Aurora said.

John B stopped the van and turned around to JJ. "Stash that," he said, pointing to a seat in the back that lifted up, revealing a little compartment. JJ's hand fumbled as he tried to hide the gold as best as he could.

"Chill guys." Kiara said.

"I hate cops."

"Did you bring the gun?" John B asked quietly.

JJ shook his head. "No, okay?" Aurora let out a sigh, relieved. If the cops found out that JJ had a gun on him, she didn't know what would happen. "Everybody told me to leave it at the place."

Kiara leaned her head back, closing her eyes. "Thank God. Please, everything else in your bag."

"I am, I am, all right?" JJ said, stuffing all his junk into his backpack. The noise level was increasing as everyone started talking louder. Pope moved down onto the floor to help JJ stuff everything in his bag.

"How much weed do you have on you?" Kiara asked.

"He's walking up."

"Can everyone just calm the fuck down?" Aurora asked. "We don't need to be looking suspicious."

"Sir—"

Aurora jumped back in her seat when she heard a gun cock. She grabbed JJ by his arm. He was looking out the window and Aurora leaned forward to see a big gun being pointed at John B's face.