Chapter sixteen

The next day John B had packed all of his things with Aurora sitting on his bed staring blankly into space. "You good?" he asked.

She looked up at him. "I have a fucking rich family. Your girlfriend is my fucking sister. I actually have a parent that is alive. What the fuck," she whispered. Her mind was exploding with information.

In a few minutes, Ward would be picking them up and taking them to his house. They heard a honk outside and Aurora turned to John B with a worried look.

"I'd always hoped that I would have an actual family out in the world. But now that I've found out who it is, I wish I didn't know. It's scary," She twisted her hands up in her lap.

"You'll be fine," John B assured. "Just get up and get this over with."

He grabbed her hand and pulled her up off the bed. They both walked out the front door and towards Ward's car.

"A convertible," Aurora gaped. She'd always wanted to ride in one of them.

"Nice, right?"

"Definitely."

John B took his bag and threw it in the back seat where Aurora would be sitting. She complained about sitting in the back but got stuck there anyway.

As soon as the car started, Aurora wished that she had tied up her hair because it was going everywhere. After a few minutes of driving through neighborhoods, they finally pulled into the Cameron's driveway.

John B turned to look at Ward. "Welcome home, kids." He smiled. They all got out of the car and walked into the house. Ward left them with Sarah so she could give them a tour around the house.

Sarah showed Aurora her bedroom which was right next to hers. They walked over to a different side of the house to go find John B's room.

"And this is your room," she said. They all walked in looking at the bedroom.

"Whoa,"

He walked in and threw his hat on the bed. The walls were a nice cream color. The windows were big letting in a lot of natural light, and the curtains and bed sheets were a matching blue. Aurora went around the side of the bed and jumped onto it.

"Not too shabby, huh?" Sarah asked.

John B threw his backpack onto the bed next to Aurora. "Yeah. Not too shabby at all."

"And my room is just upstairs, next to Aurora's in case you weren't paying attention," Sarah leaned on the side of the bed. John B rolled onto the bed backwards and started groaning like he couldn't breathe. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah. No, I'm good. I'm good. I got it."

Aurora started laughing. He sat up to face Sarah. "But I have to warn you..." she started.

"Uh oh,"

"I sleepwalk," she smiled.

Aurora gasped. "I do too sometimes!" she said excitedly. She'd obviously didn't pick up on the little hint in Sarah's words. She hated when that kind of thing happened because it made her feel dumb.

John B laughed at her and turned back to Sarah. "So, if I show up in your room in the middle of the night—"

"You just want me to roll with it?"

"Yeah maybe," She smiled, leaning towards John B and kissing him.

"Ew. Go do that somewhere else," Aurora fake gagged. When that didn't make Sarah pull away, Ward definitely did.

"Sarah Elizabeth Cameron!" He walked in through the doorway. "You've already broken the first rule. You too Aurora. What is the first rule? Stay out of each other's rooms. All right, seriously. Picture that as a boundary." He pointed to where the doorway started. "This is like a minefield. Yes, sir?"