I

It felt stupid to even stand in front of Shachi's house, hearing the music blast from the open window somewhere to the right. It had been a couple of years since you had left the town you had grown up in, but it felt like yesterday that you had met up with him, Penguin and lastly, Law. You felt your heart clench together at the thought of the older man. Your hand, once reaching forward to touch the smooth surface of the doorknob, now retracted in hesitation. Your other hand held the phone low, pointing to the ground. With closed eyes, you tried to keep your breathing in check, just like you did right before you had left your new apartment. Taking in a shaking breath, you let the same air flow slowly from your parted lips.

The wooden door opened just as you opened your eyes again and you met the grin of the owner of the house. His blue shirt hugged his torso and his hat was exactly the same as you remembered. "(y/n)! You came!" He yelled in a slurred manner. Only now you saw the red, plastic cup in his hand and smelled the alcohol coming with every breath he let free in the air. Your nose crunched up in slight disgust. Despite the smell coming from the male, you send him a smile. The hand, former holding the phone, now held your purse tightly after dropping your phone in it, the small envelope with his present crumbling under the pressure. "Come in! Come in!" His hand shot forward, grabbing your shoulder before pulling you inside against your will.

"Hey-."

"Shachi! Close the door. It's getting cold inside." Penguin's voice yelled from the living room, less slurred than you had expected. Now, as the door was closed, Shachi used both his hands to push you forward, forcing you to be ready to reunite with your friends. Setting foot inside of the living room, you had expected it to be messy, but instead, it was quite clean with only a few forgotten cups laying around. Penguin was sprawled over a futon, an empty cup in front of him, Bepo, a long man with short, white hair stood in the corner to pour himself a drink. "Hey! (y/n)!" Penguin hollered, scrambling to get to his feet with some difficulty making you laugh at him.

"Hey Pen." His arms wrapped around your upper body, as Penguin rubbed his cheek against yours in a loving manner. "God, you're intoxicated." You laughed, holding the man close as he laughed but soon slumped a little against you.

"You're not going to stay long, are you?" He whispered sadly, pulling away slightly to take a peek at your face.

"No, I'll leave the present somewhere on the table and take my leave when Shachi is occupied, or something." Your fingers curled into the fabric of his shirt as your voice croaked. "I don't need to see him happily ever after with another." Penguin only nodded and let go swiftly, flashing you a smile before dragging you over to Bepo.

The black eyes of the white-haired male flitted over your form, taking in your appearance. A soft smile tugged on his lips as he turned fully towards you. "Hey." He grinned, raising his hands in the air invitingly. You just walked into his firm body, wrapping your arms around his waist as the bigger man wrapped his around your shoulders. Your face was squished in his chest and you felt the vibration of his soft laughter. "Long time no see, (y/n)."

"Yeah.." You murmered, shoulder sagging a little bit, and closed your eyes. You had to miss this for the last couple of years after having to move away for work.

"Law missed you too."

You blinked at that before a sad laugh shot from your chest out through your mouth. "I highly doubt that." Bepo only held you closer at that, rubbing your back up and down repeatedly. He didn't say anything at that afterwards, his eyes searching for the last person that even came here after hearing you might be here. As he finally found him, another girl on his arm and a cup of coffee in his other hand, he waved the older male over.