IX

Shiro's face was white as he looked at you coming to his room, the boy hiding behind the doorpost as you could see only one eye and part of his black hair. "What's wrong, sweety?" You asked softly, as you neared him and squatted down to his height. His lower lip was trapped behind his teeth, his (e/c) shining brightly in the dimmed lights as he tried to hold in his tears. His nose trembled slightly before his lip was released and his arms were wrapped around your neck, your own arms inviting him in warmly. He rubbed his head against your neck, his sniffles loud as his tears hit your bare skin. Your hand caressed his hair, humming softly as you held him tightly, reminding him you were always there for him.

His words were mere brabbles as he couldn't get them out quick enough, so you hushed him, moving left and right and back again to comfort him. After a little while, his sniffles decreased, his voice croaked and his sentences broke, but he could explain that he had a nightmare. When he awoke from the dreams, he was scared you had left him behind and didn't love him anymore, so he was scared that he was all alone in the dark. "Mommy, don't go." You felt the boy tighten his hold on you and you reassured him with your answer and touch, holding him closer as well before you got up with him in your arms. As you were walking into his room, still caressing his head and back, his next sentence made you stop in your tracks, your shoulders slumping a bit. "Can I sleep with you, mommy?" You wanted to chastise yourself for being selfish when your son needed you.

"Of course, honey. Always." You muttered, giving the boy a loving kiss against his temple before walking over to your room instead. With a flick of your finger, still balancing the boy on your hip, the room was illuminated brightly, blinding you shortly. "Do you want to wait until I come to the bed as well or can you be a big boy and sleep alone for a little while?" Shiro's fingers curled tighter into your shirt, his answer given to you silently. "Okay, just give me a little time to come back, okay?"

"Can I come with? I want to stay with you, mommy." Your heart swelled for him, before you chuckled softly, whispering a quiet 'of course you can'. The boy instantly lit up, talking about this and that as you made your way to the living room, where Law was still sitting on the couch, his brows raised before his lips turned to smirk knowingly at the both of you. You huffed a bit, glaring playfully at the older man as you stuck your tongue out towards him. Shiro only noticed the other person in the room when you sat down on the couch once again, the little guy pinching his brows in thought whether he knew your ex. As he couldn't come up with it, his mind still a bit drowsy, his little fingers reached for Law's shirt before patting it. "It's so soft." He murmured, making Law chuckle softly in response. It almost seemed like Shiro wasn't hostile towards his biological dad this time, but you knew he could make a complete 180 like the flip of a coin.

Before you could say something about it, Law interrupted you, his gaze flicking from you to your son. "That's why I didn't mind receiving it from your mother." He said, matter of fact. Your own (e/c) eyes widened upon that confession, having forgotten that this was indeed one of the few articles of clothing you had given in your former relationship. Law was quite picky in that department, the clothing almost always lacking something in his eyes and it had been near the end that you'd found a store that sold things he actually liked.

"Who gave it to you? I love it! I want it as well." Shiro's voice softened slightly, his eyelids drooping as he felt the atmosphere was comfortable enough, the nightmare slowly being pushed to the back of his mind.

You didn't think Law would actually tell the truth, nor cup your cheek as he said it. "I got it from your mother. She bought it for me quite some years ago and I never wanted to get rid of it." Shiro hummed softly, watching the interaction with some interest before yawning loudly, nestling back into your reddening neck as you blushed brightly.

Trafalgar Law x Reader Regretजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें