II

It has been a few weeks after seeing your friends again and even if it took a while to readjust, you fell back into a rhythm you hadn't realised you missed. Pile after pile of work had filled your workspace, voices filling the room, laughter quick to follow it. With quick strides, you were walking from the conference room back to your station, a mug in one hand, your other arm keeping files close to you. The tapping of your heels were soft yet quick, keeping the disturbance of their noise to a minimum.

"(y/n)~!" Quick to answer the call, you turned around fully, a brow raised in question as to what the loud male needed you for. Lips started to move before an 'oof' left them. Paper scattered around, your coffee quick to follow them as your body tilted back, threatening to fall on the polished floor. Long arms were wrapped around your waist, a mop of black hair resting on your chest as the hyperactive boy moved you side to side to express his happiness for your return once more. With a grinning face, Luffy looked up, his eyes closed. "Good morning, shishishishi." With a soft sigh and lips curled up carefully, you wished him one in return before you started to untangle yourself from his arms. Instead of loosening his death-grip so you could return to the kitchenette for a new cup of coffee, Luffy held you tighter, cutting off your ability to breathe.

"O-oi, Luf..fy. C-can't breathe." You whispered, black edges starting to form around your line of sight. Luffy hummed as his eyes watched your face before letting go gently, keeping you up on your feet. "Thanks." You said, looking down to the scattered papers laying around, shoulders sagging a bit. "There goes all the hard work." You murmured, seeing how most of the coffee left large stains on the once neatly written notes. Brows furrowing upon noticing how huge his mistake was, Luffy started to gather all the papers next to you, his eyes sometimes seizing you up.

"Sorry."

"It's okay, Luffy. Don't worry about it. I'll just rewrite it tonight." You tried to tell him, a forced down sob hidden within. Luffy's eyes looked over the notes in his hand worriedly.

"Still. I gave you even more work and you're already working the most of us." He murmured, snapping his fingers shortly. "I can help you rewrite it." He grinned triumphantly.

"No."

"But why nooooooot?" The younger male started to nag, moving from side to side with his upper body as he whined loudly. Other colleagues started to watch the both of you, some snickering at the display, others shaking their heads with a sigh. Cutting off the whining from the male, you covered his lips with the palm of your hand. Still, it didn't take long for Luffy to convince you. He'd come over after dinner, as you still want to have some food left for tomorrow.

*~*~*~

Your doorbell rang a little bit after 7 in the evening, and as you walked towards it, your son had already beat you to it. "Hello! Are you a friend of mom? She said someone was coming over!" Sighing softly, you appeared behind him, one hand holding the door and the other petting Shiro's head gently. Bending down to his height, you looked your son into his eyes.

"Shouldn't you be brushing your teeth, little man?" Shiro chuckled softly, trying to look innocent, before running off.

"See you soon, mister!"

Watching him go, you got up straight, opening the door a bit further. "Sorry for my son, Luffy. He's kind of exited when I tell him people are coming over." As you turned to him, to let Luffy in, you found him staring at you, his mouth agape and eyes wide. You waved your hand in front of his face before the male reacted, probably shocked to find out this part of your life.

"YOU HAVE A SON?!"

'Oh boy.'

The rest of the evening you felt the tension in the air, but still decided to ignore it for a while as Luffy stayed quiet himself. Shiro had gone to bed and you had tucked him in after he had kept asking questions about Luffy. Now, as quite some time had passed and Luffy and you had almost finished the job of rewriting those notes you could save and things you could still remember, Luffy started to fidget, his eyes trailing over the paper and back to you before you noticed it time after time again. "If you want to comment, just do it. The tension is getting heavier with the second."