Chapter 10

Bella's Pov

I woke up feeling dizzy but active. I checked the time on my phone and it was 11:00am. Longest I've ever slept.

I wore my glasses and started responding to messages from my friends and Luca and Lucia.

I was talking to Ryder when Camilla came into the room. I ended the call and gave her my full attention.

She was dressed in a black joggers and blue tank top. Her her put in two french braids.

"Hi Bella."she said lying down beside me with excitement.

"Hey Cami, wassup."I said trying to match up with her tone.

"Nothing, Dad said to wake you up."she said. I nodded.

I went to the bathroom and did my regular routine. I got out of the bathroom and wore my black Nike runner shorts and a Columbia University sweatshirt and wore my glasses.

Cami and I went downstairs to the kitchen. Adrian and Leo were there talking while sitting on the kitchen island.

"Good morning."I said sitting beside Adrian.

"Morning Sorella."Leo smiled at me standing up.

"What do you want to eat."Adrian asked. I shrugged.

After a few minutes Leo put a stack of blueberry pancakes in front of me. My eyes lit up.

"I remember when you used to love it as a kid." Leo said. I started eating and moaning.

"Thank Leo,I love you."I said to him. I smiled widely at him.

"I love you too little sister."he smiled back. I finished eating and washed the dishes.

I went to the living room and saw Dad, Grandma, Grandpa and Adrian talking.

"Good morning." I said sitting beside Dad.

"Morning sunshine."Dad said and kissed my forehead.

"How did you sleep?" Grandpa said.

"For the first time in months I slept like a baby."I said smiling at him.

We spoke for sometime and I decided to tell them my decision to leave New York and move back home.

"I was thinking about moving to California."I said grabbing their attention.

"Seriously?"Leo said. I nodded

"But I have to get my stuff and see Emma." I added.

"How long will that take?"Dad asked.

"I don't know, but a few days before summer ends."I said.

"Okay, but we need your transcripts and medical reports."Adrian said. I nodded.

Soon after the rest of my siblings came downstairs to the living room. Dad told them about me moving to California.

I went back upstairs to my room to read the email Mrs Spencer's friend.

To: Isabella Martins
From: Anna Jones

Dear Miss Martins

  It is an honor and great privilege to give you this good news. New York Times has decided to give selected young people just as yourself. Your story captures what we are currently looking for. The quest for dreams and survival. We chose your story not just for the captivating idea but because it has a central message of hope and is what we want to encourage people.

  Please think about it and give me a call. We don't have all time. Thank you.

I re-read the email all over again debating whether I should take it or not.