Map it out.

After almost forgetting entirely, I suddenly remember the voices and tell Elijah about them.

"It was the weirdest thing, it was like I was in the room with them, listening from someone else's body. That's crazy though right?" I ask as I sit up straight in my seat, looking from Elijah to the scenery around us.

"It is pretty crazy, but I think considering everything else that is going on, it's not that crazy at all. There has to be something bigger going on and for some reason you're able to tap into it. How else would you be getting all these visions?" Elijah keeps looking over at me, but continues to focus on the road.

"I suppose you're right, it just seemed too random to not be related. Like they said they were keeping people somewhere. That means there are people who don't know what has happened here." I say trying to mull everything over in my head.

"Wait! If they are holding people. Maybe these are the people that took my mum? Or maybe they are the reason all those people went missing?!" Elijah says getting louder as his thoughts race, excitement and joy clearly evident.

"I mean that certainly seems like a possibility and I don't want to burst this bubble you have created, but I think we need to be thinking rationally about this. What are the chances that these people could be linked to your mum? There's no way my brain is just linked to where they are like a radio frequency......"

I trail off before looking over at Elijah questioningly, Nadia kicks up a fuss and I climb up on my seat to reach around and pick her up. Elijah smacks my butt while it's in reach and let's out a giggle. I smirk at him once I'm buckled back into my seat.

"Cheeky sod. Now where was I? Oh yeah. Do you think that could be a thing?" I ask, wondering if I could make my head work like a two way radio.

"Make what a thing?" Eli replies, staring at the road and the surroundings, I deadpan at his words.

"It's like talking to a goldfish." I say seriously and Elijah flashes me a look showing he isn't amused by the comment either.

"Jeez that was rough." He grumbles under his breath but I hear him quite clearly.

"Sorry, you're right. I'm just trying to chase a wave length here. Do you think I could treat my brain like a radio and tune into those guys by choice? Maybe even work out where they are. Even if they don't have your mum, it could be shelter from all this, no more Manic." I say almost feeling the sense of relief already at not having to deal those monsters.

"I mean the only way to know for sure is to try I guess, only you can do that and say we do find them and find what I'm assuming is an underground bunker and my mum isn't there. Does that mean we are just giving up looking for her?" I can hear the hurt clear in his voice and as I absentmindedly rock Nadia back to sleep I look over at him.

"What makes you think we'd give up? I never said that at all." He continues to stare straight at the road, clearly in a mood and changing the whole atmosphere inside the car.

"You literally just said if my mum isn't in there, we would have shelter, sounds like giving up to me." He glances at me and I can tell he's annoyed.

"That doesn't mean we are giving up Eli, it just means that if I can find people this way, we will have a safe place to do it, we have Nadia now, we can't just roam around Australia guessing where they might be. At least we could leave Nadia with people and then go look for your mum if need be, then the Manic won't have a dinner bell for us. I should have worded myself better, I'm sorry."

Elijah nods seeming content with that response, a green sign comes into view letting us know we are on Balonne Highway and that a small town called Bollon is not too far ahead.