Not my Body, Not my Mind.

I feel myself slowly gaining consciousness, but something doesn't feel right, my limbs feel weighted down and no matter how hard I try I can't open my eyes. I try moving about and fighting against the heaviness but have no such luck.

"Alrighty this one is prepped for surgery and we can get the procedure under way."

Surgery? What procedure? I don't consent to this. Who are these people?  All we did was break a window and steal some fuel. Have we just stumbled upon some outback serial killers?

"Good. Yes well let's get this underway then." Something clicks then and I realise this isn't the couple talking at all, these are the same voices that I was hearing before.

I feel a numbed out sensation of someone marking out my forehead, it almost feels like an echo of touch. A sensation I can only imagine that would be described as Phantom Limb Syndrome.

A sudden loud buzzing fills the room, it's the sounds of a power tool and a sicken feeling of dread hits me. They are going to cut my head open, that's the procedure and if I don't fight this I'm going to die.

I start screaming and thrashing about wildly, using everything in my power to make myself move, to get up and run.

A groaning sound fills my head, but it's not the two men and it's not me. It's a voice inside my mind. It dawns on me then, that this is not my body, not my mind even. If the person dies, Will I die? Will I return to my own body and mind.

I realise I don't have time for this and fight with everything I have to somehow be in control, to take over this person's mind.

Elijah's Point of View

My head's pounding, I feel like someone took a crowbar to it. I can hear Bailey talking to me in a hushed tone, practically begging me to wake up.

I let out a groan, honestly just so tired and wanting to sleep, I'm over today and all the shit that has happened already. Can't I just get a break? Bailey and I should have been hanging out at the beach or cuddling right now, instead we are stuck in this continuous nightmare.

I pray every night asking my faithful Lord why he's done this to us, what's the reason for it? I'm honestly starting to lose faith in him, if he loved his pupils so much what reason would be good enough for him to want to torture us like this?

Bailey starts talking to someone else and I open my eyes slowly, letting them adjust to the badly lit room, the orange glow from the windows making them feel like someone threw sand in my eyes.

All of a sudden Bailey shifts down between my legs and places Nadia on my lap, she looks dazed and confused. I wrap my arms around her shoulders trying to support her and Nadia at once. 

Her eyes rolling into the back of her head, sending chills down my spine as the whites of her eyes show. It's one of the most unsettling things to see, I hated it the first time it happened and I hate it now.

At least this time I know what to do, but last time she was able to support herself and stand still. So why is she collapsing this time?The pain in my head is soon forgotten about as I focus all my attention on her.

"Can you please take Nadia?" I ask the man still standing across the room looking so confused and out of place. I have no idea how friendly Bailey managed to get with them but I need to help her. The man's wife comes in looking just as perplexed as she brings in a tray of what looks like assorted sandwiches.

"Please can someone take Nadia!" I beg them both and the man steps forward, taking the infant carefully. I slide out of seat and on to my knees, laying Bailey down on her back as I do.