78

(y/n) - your name

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(y/n) sobs as she reads over the letters, holding them tight to her chest. "I'm sorry Max, I'm so sorry..."

"You were never the one that was to die." the girl freezes in terror, looking up to see Vecna looking down at her with vines looming next to him. "That boy," (y/n) looks over to see Billy dying over and over again to the Mindflayer, saving Eleven and Max screaming for him. "was to die. Who are you?" (y/n) doesn't say anything from fear, silently crying as she was forced to watch her love dying over and over again in front of her. "How are you here? How did you bring that boy here?" Vecna rolls his neck, growling lowly in annoyance when a song echoes through the air, a different one but one that (y/n) quickly recognised. "No matter, you can join me and your new friends."

"(Y/N)!" Billy yells out when he finds her, the undead creature trapping her against the boulder as vines crept over her body to suffocate her. She couldn't hear him, watching her nightmare replay and he looked over to see what it was. It was him saving his sister and her friend against the Mindflayer instead of (y/n) in the StarCourt Mall battle. Billy shakes off the terrible illusion, yelling for his love when the undead creature looks his way. "Shit-" he quickly dodges the falling boulders and the house debris that tries to crush him, stumbling towards (y/n). "(Y/N)!" she finally looks at him, clawing at the vines that crushed her throat, silent tears falling down her face. "LET HER GO!"

Billy, no!

(y/n) shook her head, trying to warn him but the vines on the ground had crept up to wrap around his body. He tries to rip them off him but they tie his limbs down, tightening around his neck. "(y/n) focus! Forget what you're seeing! I'm right here! I'm alive! You saved me! You saved Max! You can save yourself too!" Billy grits out against the vines, the music becoming louder and louder for (y/n) to hear. "I know you don't remember this but when we first met, you gave me a 6 pack! I thought you were some weird goth girl who only wore black clothes! I bought you alcohol and made food for Max and I!" Billy starts yelling out, begging for his love to fight. (y/n) struggles to breathe as sudden flashes of memories run through her head, memories of moving to Hawkins, memories of Billy and Max and the Hawkins group before California. "You helped me after I got into a fight with some guy at a Halloween party, helped clean up my wounds after every fight against Neil! You never pushed, never asked and offered your house for me when I needed to-"

"-Billy!" (y/n) croaks out as Billy gasps for air, Vecna slowly suffocating the couple.

"I fell in love with you through our moments together (y/n)! Please! I can't lose you again!" he yells out, his vision going fuzzy and (y/n) cries out as her love becomes unresponsive.

Billy! No!

(y/n) gets lifted into the air, dark spots flattering across her vision as images and memories ran through her mind. A fast-forwarded film of Billy driving her around Hawkins, of him climbing into her room to talk, their first kiss, their first date, Billy giving (y/n) his mother's necklace to her... Then, the kids... feeding them and caring for them, lending them her house for them to have sleepovers in. (y/n)'s friends, Robin and Steve at scoops ahoy, Nancy and Jonathan at the pools, studying together or going to the mall together. It all rushed back to her and she opens her eyes to see the portal open as the music silenced everything.

"It's time to join me-" (y/n) screams as she reaches forward sharply and grabs hold of some random vines on Vecna and ripped them out, him howling in pain and dropping her.

"Billy!" she wheezes out and he gasps for air when the vines squeal in pain and recoil, running towards him as he quickly stands up to grab her hand and run for the portal. (y/n)'s vision starts to blur and fade out, Billy picking her up and carrying her around the fallen debris.