prologue

Weeks passed before Keynna finally reached King's Landing. Unless she was mistaken and lost count, sixty-one days had passed since she left Casterly Rock. A journey that took far too long, and time she couldn't get back. Not from anyone.

Even from afar as the capital's castle loomed in the distance, the roar of the Targaryen dragons had already been heard. The initial roar, which grew louder and louder with each meter, became dark spots that circled the sky, until finally, these huge creatures flew directly over their heads and their shadows flitted across the ground.

The heraldic animal of the House Targaryen.

On the occasion of the upcoming birth of King Targaryen's child, the future king of the Seven Kingdoms and ruler of Westeros, Viserys I organized a tournament. Numerous houses will appear and the perfect opportunity, as Jason Lannister found, to find a husband for his daughter. Other daughters her age had long been married or at least, possessed a fiancé and accordingly would soon marry. However, not his daughter. Of course, Keynna was not one of them. Again. The Lannister daughter was, as her father liked to joke to cover the frustration, one of those who took longer when asked why the "child" wasn't in the womb and providing for offspring.

Once Keynna had said, when her parents were asked about this very thing at a celebration, that she was not in this world merely to bear children, to be someone's wife or mother. A rude child, no wonder she is not married yet, because no man wants to own a woman with such a mouth, she was allowed to hear afterwards.

Possess. A contemptuous snort had escaped Keynna on it and without another word, she had gone. That was not her at all. Someone's property. No one owned what another person owned, and yet, many believed that to be the case.

"Every time I arrive here, it's bigger than I remember," Keynna said as she rode through the streets of King's Landing to her quarters, letting her gaze wander.

"Some, find it smaller than they remember," Roran, one of the Lannister Guard was heard saying, which made Keynna smile, "That's the first time you've smiled since we left."

"Our visit to King's Landing is not a joyous one either," Keynna countered, looking to the guardsman, "I wouldn't be here if father hadn't insisted."

Be on your best behavior. Be polite and keep your opinions and views to yourself. Perhaps it is also best to smile exclusively and speak merely when asked or spoken to.

Yes, because men exclusively want a doll by their side. A mute thing that can be paraded at court and on the wedding night, deflowered. The first thing Keynna could not do and the second, unfortunately did not work anymore, because that, had happened two years ago.

 The first thing Keynna could not do and the second, unfortunately did not work anymore, because that, had happened two years ago

////////////

The real start will be when a few episodes are out, then the plot can be better planned.

And thanks, for the many votes of the first two "chapters".