21

The battle against Craghas Drahar, the Crab Feeder, and the resulting domination of the Stepstones was unlikely to end soon. Which meant that there was no end to the war in sight.

After a rather bad message from Daemon, Keynna finally packed her things and left Dragonstone a few days later. What reason would she have had to stay on the island? None, so she returned to the mainland.

Where to now, was the question after Keynna reached the mainland and was dropped off in the port city of Duskendale. Certainly not to Casterly Rock. Not by any stretch of the imagination. A question she should have asked herself before.

In any case, Keynna was unlikely to be welcome in her old home. Instead of returning to the Westlands as she had been instructed, she went her own way with Daemon. A decision her father was anything but happy about. And if that, that defiance alone, had not been enough, she had married.

It might have been her father's wish for ages that Keynna would finally find a man and marry, but not in this way.

The Targaryens might be extremely powerful, among the great houses, possess dragons, and be the rulers of Westeros, but a Targaryen was not on the Lannister's list for his daughter. And certainly not a Daemon Targaryen. It didn't matter if the young prince was a dragon rider, a born warrior, and the king's brother.

A Lannister and the daughter of the Lord of Casterly Rock, Warden of the West and Lord Paramount of the Westerlands, had become the second wife of a Targaryen. The second wife of the man known as Lord Flea Botton.

Back to the capital. Keynna had liked King's Landing back then, and it was not far from Duskendale. Everything else would fall into place.