17

Keynna returned to the inn very quickly and mumbled a small apology when she saw Roran sitting at the table in her room.

Since Keynna had already packed last night, she did not need to do so now and hear from the soldier that she had to hurry. She would have preferred to say that one day was not important, but she refrained from doing so, since the way to Casterly Rock was long enough. Very long.

"What shall I report to your father?" asked Roran after in a while, making sure Keynna closed her eyes, "He will want to hear something."

"It doesn't matter, since no matter what you tell him, there will be no wedding," for what seemed like an eternity Keynna heard nothing else and nothing was more important than that, this feeling was conveyed to her, "Just tell him what happened. Eventually, it won't be long, he'll find out anyway."

Everything follows a consequence. The last days will have consequences. And this one will be Septe.

Around forty days would be the fastest to reach Casterly Rock.

On the one hand, Keynna wished to have the journey behind her as quickly as possible, but on the other hand, it meant that her life as she knew it would soon be over.

In the background, the beating of wings could be heard, followed by a shadow that appeared on the meadow and grew larger and larger until the shape of a dragon finally became visible, sinking lower and lower and landing not too far away.

Immediately Keynna stopped her horse, paused, and looked from the spot where the red dragon had landed to Roran, who stopped beside her. The question of which dragon it was and to whom it belonged became superfluous. Which in turn meant that its rider should be with him.

"What have you done?", Roran exhaled audibly and shook his head, "Completely without reason his appearance should hardly be."

"Nothing at all," Keynna replied, slightly offended, not understanding Daemon's arrival in any way, "I did nothing at all."

And if you did, Keynna didn't know what it was supposed to have been.

When Caraxes let out a loud roar, Roran and Keynna instantly flinched and looked to the beast where someone, Daemon, first stood and then walked towards them both.

"What happened?" asked Keynna when she reached Daemon and he took her horse by the reins, "Is...."

"Fly with me to Dragonstone," confused Keynna began to blink at Daemon's words because she didn't really know what just happened and she was supposed to say, "I'm here to take you to Dragonstone. You can't tell me that you actually want to go home to your father."

"I can't," Keynna shook her head dismissively, "I.... and then what? I can't just leave."

"Of course you can," despite Keynna's objections, Daemon took one of her hands and helped her off her horse before turning to Roran in response, "Tell Lord Lannister that his daughter will be a Targaryen. Don't worry, she's in the best of hands with me."

All will be well, Daemon assured Keynna, squeezing her hand tightly and taking a step toward Caraxes.

A weak, 'I'm sorry,' left Keynna's lips as she looked up at Roran, then to Daemon and back to the guardsman, who after a silent moment, nodded.