07

A little teasing here and a little provocation there, then it could be assumed that the next few hours would be good.

A little something that Keynna had already noticed at her first encounter with Daemon, on the day they met. Whether it had been an actual, serious flirtation on Daemon's part back then, she couldn't say, even now, when she thought back on it. It was not one of the easiest things to assess the king's younger brother.

If there was one thing there was plenty of in a brothel, it was two things. One was women who sold their bodies, and the other was rooms where guests could enjoy themselves undisturbed. Of course, Daemon got a room, although Keynna was not one of the girls who worked here. Of course, if Lord Flea Botton wanted a room, he got one. What a question.

Control, Keynna also knew, a thing Daemon was loath to relinquish. No sooner had the door to the room slammed shut than the games were over. Immediately she was grabbed by Daemon's waist, pushed backwards to the bed and the kisses on her skin, became more and more brisk and determined and went over to biting. Her dress landed on the floor during the walk to the bed and as soon as her legs touched the edge of the bed, Daemon bent over her and she wrapped one leg around his waist.

It didn't take long for a first moan to escape Keynna's lips and the feeling in her body, became more intense every time. But just as she put her head back in her neck; her upper body pressed towards him, Daemon rested his forehead on her chest and paused before he subsequently stood up, grabbed his handling and wrapped himself around his body.

"Thank you," it escaped Keynna indignantly, watching as the prince sat down on the window ledge, "duty accomplished?"

"Not satisfied?" it was the unfamiliar faint tone in Daemon's voice why Keynna straightened up, propped herself on her forearms and furrowed her brows.

"Don't blame me," Keynna began cautiously, climbing out of bed to walk over to Daemon, "But who says the child will even survive? It wouldn't be the first child the queen has lost. And, from what I hear, it's gotten safer in the city, which means you're fulfilling your duty as commander of the City Watch, and that's exactly what your brother knows. He already has you by his side, he knows that. A child has to grow up first and no one knows, if he survives, if he will become a girl. So stop worrying about things that are not even certain. Enjoy tomorrow and be celebrated properly, Prince Daemon Targaryen."

That Viserys wished for a son, an heir, was nothing new, but not how much so. The current heir to the throne was Deamon, not the king's daughter, though that would have been settled with a son. The desire to be crowned the new king had always possessed Daemon, and it was the one thing that didn't take Keynna long to understand that there wasn't much that made the young Targaryen uneasy. Loss of control and power.

'Your visit will hardly be due to the tournament my brother is hosting for me,' were Deamon's words, though everyone knew who Viserys was dedicating the games to. His 'son', not Deamon. Once the child was born, and it was indeed a boy, Daemon's reign was over before it had even begun.