16

Grumbling, Keynna rolled onto her side, nearly falling out of bed with one of her arms now dangling down to the floor. There was no pounding in her head, yet she could not entirely remember last night. She remembered the good humor of the city guard all too well, as well as Daemon becoming increasingly chipper.

All at once Keynna started up and looked about wildly. She didn't need to see how high the sun was to know that she should have been back at the inn long ago. So much for not having regrets. This would be the last time Roran would let her go anywhere unsupervised, or rather, that she would be allowed anywhere in the future.

Next to Keynna, Daemon continued to be sound asleep, moving only minimally as she began to climb out of bed. As quietly as she could, she gathered her clothes, got dressed, and looked over her shoulder as a rustle was heard.

"Your manners leave something to be desired," Keynna was reprimanded by Daemon, but she merely tilted her head to the side and gave him a look that said he should go ahead and tell her something new, making him smile, "What are you up to today?"

"I'm returning home," an answer that made Daemon wonder and according to this, obviously didn't see it coming or expect it, "The tournament is over. The reason for my trip to King's Landing and since it's over, I'm going back."

"You haven't found a reason to stay?", Daemon echoed with a certain undertone in his voice and tried to reach for Keynna, but the blonde was out of his reach, "I know of one."

"Give me a better one," Keynna replied mirthlessly, looking sadly at Daemon, "You said it shouldn't be hard for me to find a man, and it would be before the tournament was over. As soon as my name comes up, it's over. For a long time my father will not go along with this."

"What about the man at the tournament?" inquired Daemon, getting out of bed, walking over to Keynna and placing his hands on her waist, "It looked to me like this one had interest. Let me guess. Too insignificant, if your father has his way?"

"I don't assume so," certainly not, Keynna knew that, looking up at the white-haired man, taking his face in her hands and kissing him goodbye, "Good to see you my prince. I wish you all the best."

Probably it was better that way. What was Keynna going to do in King's Landing in the future? There was nothing for her in the capital.And as for Sivas Bolton. Daemon had seen something that wasn't there.