Thunder Ball {Taehyun}

// Third POV //

The problem with having an anxiety disorder was that Taehyun had a habit of lying in order to avoid a situation where he had to do something outside his comfort zone.

Mostly, he missed back when they were trainees when Taehyun would just easily asked Soobin to do the things he was too awkward to do: like calling the doctor, ordering food, asking for directions.

Taehyun and Yeonjun didn't click right away. In fact all of the guys thought that Yeonjun was pretty unapproachable. He was the first person to practice and the last person to come home at night. As a trainee, he was competitive yet shy-natured and preferred to not speak with the younger trainees until he knew that he had a spot on the team.

It was the complete opposite now. Yeonjun was a year older than Soobin and after debut, Yeonjun started actually making an effort to get close with everyone. He opened up and as a result, the maknaes found Yeonjun to be an extremely reliable hyung.

Now, Taehyun didn't even have to ask. Yeonjun knew exactly the kind of person Taehyun was. He knew that the kid needed practice to get used to doing things on his own. As an idol, the members of TXT often had too many people doing shit for them. The company handled everything with their dorm and expenses were handled by their parents, however that notion only applied to Kai and Taehyun.

Soobin was happy to take the pressure of unwelcome anxiety off of the softest member's shoulders. He always wanted to take care of people, and as a hyung, Soobin found that he really looked after Taehyun and Kai in a way that he never expected.

Lately though, the two oldest members were chatting and reached the conclusion that Taehyun did have to start doing things for himself.

It may seem pretty cruel but Yeonjun insisted that Taehyun should get used to doing things as a new adult. He got that the kid's anxiety disorder complicated Taehyun's brain and makes him very uncomfortable with tasks that were unfamiliar.

Yeonjun has dealt with anxiety as well and he found that the more he does the things that make him scared, the less he dreads it. He made it clear to Taehyun when he sat him down that Yeonjun wasn't saying that he was going to stop taking care of him. On the contrary, he and Soobin will always be here for the maknaes.

What Yeonjun wanted Taehyun to do was to slowly dip his toes in the water. He instructed the second maknae to do something once every week to do something out of his comfort zone.

At first, Taehyun was discouraged. He started dwelling in the idea that he relied too much on Yeonjun and that the hyung now saw him as a burden. Taehyun knew Yeonjun, his oldest brother wouldn't do that. Even in the moments he couldn't control negative thinking, it was a fact to Taehyun that Yeonjun cared about him.

He sat on it for a while and knew that Yeonjun was right. Taehyun could not let anxiety hold him back from living a normal life.

So, Taehyun did it. He decided to do something once a week that terrified him. The first week he walked alone downstairs to the laundry room to wash his clothes. The whole entire time his body felt like it was on fight or flight mode, he trembled and his heart pounded thunderously.

But it was a relief. Taehyun found the event to be scary but important and he felt, for the first time in a while, that he did something useful to his everyday life.

Weeks turned into months, and Taehyun found himself dropped into another hand of opportunity.

Taehyun had a vocal lesson at 11:00pm. It ran for two and a half hours and by the time he was finished, it was a quarter til 2am.

His members were already home and resting. They had done schedules all day and had to rest for their weekly performance assessment with their choreographer late tomorrow night.