#1: Something On My Face?

Prompt #1: Something On My Face?
Prompter: HarrysPrincessxxx

"Dude, I'm telling you, I'm on the way home," I tell my eldest brother, Bannick, as I enter the elevator. "And yes, I know your shift is over, but I told you the movie would end at 4:30."

"I do not have any memory of agreeing to this." Bannick says with a sassy undertone.

I roll my eyes and punch the button to the ground level.

"Well, I do, so the conclusion is you're fucking fickle," I conclude. "I'll see you later, Bannick."

"Peet-"

I end the call and lock my phone. It's terrible how many levels I have to go through before actually landing at the carpark, which is the ground level. Why on earth did they build the theater right at the top of the building on the 15th level?

The fucking elevator stops at the 10th level and I almost cannot contain my annoyance. I scowl and roll my eyes.

But then she enters.

Long, wavy brown hair, smokey grey eyes and a lace top.

Her eyes flit up to me and she smiles slightly. I can barely grin back. She stands beside me and pulls out her green iPhone 5C quietly. I see her enter her passcode and go to Instagram.

But she probably senses my stare and glances up. Her eyes meet mine. She raises an eyebrow in question. My eyes dart away from her in response. She turns back to her phone.

You know, we could've gotten out of this elevator 10 minutes ago. But we're getting out 1 year later, because my grandmother runs faster than this fucking elevator takes to bring me down from the 15th level. I sigh audibly and unlock my phone.

But this beauty next to me has got me sniffing the air. Her perfume is sweet, and I love the smell. I keep inhaling the scent, but make sure she doesn't realize.

A moment later, she catches me staring at her again.

"Is there something on my face?" She raises her hand and covers her nose and mouth. "You've been looking, I thought you were staring at some sushi stain."

"No, no. Uh, I'm Peeta," I say quickly. "You're really pretty."

Oh my God, Mellark, seriously?, I scold myself. You fucked it all up.

"My name is Katniss," she tells me. "And thank you, you're not that bad-looking yourself."

I grin nervously at her. She just complimented me!

"This elevator is so slow," she scowls. "Honestly, I should've taken the stairs."

I nod.

"I completely agree." I tell her.

The elevator doors finally open a 100 million years later. Katniss walks out the door, shooting me a smirk as she struts out, heels clicking. I follow after her. We're going the same pathway.

"Hey, Peeta?" She whirls around.

She stops and puts a hand on her hip, jutting it out.

"Yeah?" I ask, stopping with her.

She snatches my phone out of my hand, swipes, presses the 'Emergency' button and types in her phone number.

"Now you have my number," she smiles sweetly. "And you don't have to stare anymore. Give me a ring when you're bored and in need of friends."

"Okay," I say. "See you around, Katniss."

Why the hell did I get tonguetied?

Katniss giggles, throwing her head back slightly.

"You're cute," she laughs. "See you around."

And off she goes.

💖✨🙌✖️
thanks to HarrysPrincessxxx for being my very first prompter! :) please follow her, she makes awesome everlark fics and if you're into 1D as well, you'll find those fics at her acc ;)

feel free to leave me more requests! criteria in the previous chapter :)

ps ik perrie isnt wearing heels in the picture above, but pretend like she is, cause i want katniss to be running around in black heels 😋

• Prompt 1: Something On My Face? •
word count: 558 words 💬

I feel a strange sensation taking over from my head to my toes ⚓️

-A 💓