#6: I Love You

#6: I Love You
Requested by: @thehungergamesseries
❤️

*Non-graphic sexual content*

The peaceful sound of the mockingjays chirping and singing outside my window roused me. I sat up slowly after about five minutes of stretching. Normally, if I slept alone, no sound from outside would come into my house. I kept all the windows shut. I hated noise.

But Peeta always slept with the window open.

When I felt the emptiness of the bed on my right, I assumed Peeta had already left. He had been busy building the bakery back up, and always woke up at the crack of dawn. He had been getting out of bed before me nowadays that I don't even feel the slightest bit of fear anymore when I wake up alone. I somehow know he's still there.

When the mockingjays' singing makes me distracted again, I smile slightly. Maybe I should sing for them. It's been super long since I had sung. The last time I let a tune out of my mouth, it had been during the rebellion, when the Capitol held Peeta hostage. I shook the memory out of my mind. I couldn't deal with a flashback right now. I didn't want to. I take a deep calming breath before I open my mouth.

Deep in the meadow
Under the willow
A bed of grass
A soft green pillow

"Katniss."

Peeta's soft voice startled me slightly. My eyes darted to the door, where he stood. His beautiful blue eyes were twinkling, and his pink lips were curved into a handsome smirk.

"You're awake." He walked over to me.

"Yeah." I murmured.

His lips pressed softly against mine as he cupped my jaw delicately. I opened my mouth for him and his tongue met mine. Our tongues did a dance of love as I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him down to me. His body ended up hovering on top of mine as we kissed passionately. We were in a drunk stupor full of passion and love. Nobody could break us apart. Peeta pulled back for a moment. He rested his forehead against mine and opened his eyes.

It was breathtaking how handsome he was. I couldn't believe I didn't realize during the Games.

"I love you." He whispered, his minty breath fanning out on my face.

I knew he didn't expect me to say it back. He expected me to smile, and kiss him again. But I didn't want to do what he expected me to.

"I love you too," I whispered back. "I love you, Peeta. So much."

Peeta was taken aback by my words. I have never expressed myself so clearly in front of him before.

"Do you really mean that?" He asked softly.

"I do," I responded. "I love you."

The sweet, soft kisses evolved into so much more. Soon, our clothes were on the floor and my hands were in his ashy blond hair. Peeta held my hips tightly as he pushed into me gently. Soft moans escaped our mouths as we finally let ourselves go. I let myself enjoy the throes of passion.

I let myself love Peeta.

***
"Katniss, what in the hell are you doing?"

Peeta couldn't help but burst into gales of laughter. I scowled deeply at him, and folded my arms. Peeta had invited me to come and bake with him instead of just watching him from the counter. I had been reluctant at first, but he begged me with that adorable face of his and his silver tongue, and I finally agreed.

Now, the task Peeta gave me was probably the easiest. He handed me the ingredients, the recipe and the tools needed. He told me to make the batter and mix it thoroughly with my hands. I had no idea what I was doing, and now, I think I had just made a shitcake. The chocolatey batter was supposed to look like.. well.. chocolate. Instead, I had somehow made it look like someone shat all over the yellow bowl.

"Quit laughing at me," I hissed. "You put me up to this."

Instead of shutting up, Peeta laughed even harder at my attempt to get angry. He probably thought I looked cute while I'm throwing a tantrum at him.

"Oh, Katniss." Peeta chuckled.

I swore I could hear lovingness in his voice as he took the bowl of failed batter from me and started washing it off. However, he was unsuccessful. The batter stuck to the bowl like a piece of gum stuck to a shoe. It was impossible to get rid of. He left the bowl inside the sink and grabbed another one.

"I'll go and sit down now, bye."

I removed my apron and tried to skirt my way past him, but Peeta grabbed my elbow and yanked me back to him.

"You're not leaving this kitchen until you learn how to make batter." Peeta told me, still grinning at my failure.

"Peeta.." I whined.

He wasn't having any of it. He forced me back into my apron and positioned me in front of the bowl. I refused to budge and do what he told me to, so he snuck his arms around me, grabbed my hands and started manipulating my hands to do what his is doing. His groin rested nicely against my backside. I shifted and tried to stay focused. But the longer it took to make the batter, the more eager I got. Finally, I tossed Peeta's hands off mine and whirled around. His eyes were gleaming. The look on his face told me he had been expecting me to lose control.

I wiped the look off his face almost immediately when I kissed him roughly.

***
"That was a long day." Peeta said as he lay back.

I pulled the cover over us and snuggled next to him. He wrapped his arms around my body and gave the crown of my head a fluttering kiss.

"Are your customers really that impatient?" I groaned, burying my face into Peeta's smooth chest.

"Sometimes," Peeta chuckled. "You have to be nice. The impatient ones will calm down."

"Yeah, that's me," I scoffed. "Nice, proper and polite."

Peeta laughed and drew circles on my back to make me release the tension in my body. I finally relaxed when he kissed my head again.

"Goodnight, Katniss." He whispered.

I smiled giddily against his bare chest.

"I love you." He added.

I whispered the same back to him.

I loved Peeta Mellark, and nobody could take that away from me.

🦄🦄🦄
im not sure whether this was what the requester had in mind when they suggested it, but i hope you liked it anyway! 😘

feel free to leave me more suggestions!

also let me know what you thought of this particular one shot 😉

Let the bass drum go! ⭐️

-A