Prompt #5: One Last Time

Prompter: @Mockingjay_On_Fire

Peeta clutched Katniss's hand as they exited the elevator. No matter how pissed Katniss was at him, he knew she wouldn't deny him tonight, because they needed each other.

He knew Katniss couldn't go a night without him. She would wake up screaming and kicking when she didn't let him into her bed the past few nights.

Katniss dragged Peeta to her room. He couldn't even extract his numb fingers from her vicelike grip.

"Katniss-"

"No," Katniss whirled around and faced him. "You're staying with me tonight."

Her big silver eyes searched his, begging for him to understand.

"Please?" Her voice cracked.

Peeta lifted his left hand and stroked her cheek lovingly. She leaned into his touch.

"Always." He murmured.

And with that, Katniss pulled him into her room and slammed the door shut. She finally released his hand to turn the lock.

"Do you want to-"

Peeta barely finished his question before Katniss jumped him, smashing her lips to his. His arms wrapped around her waist instinctively. Their lips moved together in sync, just like the million times they have kissed.

But this was different. To Peeta, at least.

This felt real.

With that, Peeta pulled away from her. Her lips looked thoroughly kissed and her face was flushed slightly.

"Katniss," Peeta said warningly. "Don't."

"What?" Katniss asked innocently.

Too innocent for Peeta to believe.

"Don't do this," Peeta took a few steps back. "Don't do this just because you need relief."

"No, I.." Katniss trailed off. "I'm not."

"Then what are you doing this for?" Peeta asked pleadingly.

"I'm not good with words, Peeta," Katniss answered. "You, out of all people, should know that."

"I do," Peeta said slowly. "But what I know is that it isn't that hard to explain what you want to me."

Katniss took a deep breath. Peeta waited for her to turn away and escape like she always did when it came to confrontation.

"I'm not doing this for relief," Katniss began. "I'm doing this because this is our last time."

"Last time for what?"

"Last time to be together," Katniss answered. "Just.. stay with me."

Peeta contemplated. He knew Katniss wasn't completely telling the truth. He knew it, but maybe Katniss didn't want to tell him.

"Just one last time," Katniss was begging now. "Please?"

Peeta searched her eyes. Tears filled them and he sighed. He hated making Katniss cry. He stepped forward and held her hand. He lifted it up to his lips and kissed the knuckles.

"Okay," he agreed softly. "One last time."

💘🙌🍦🌟
feel free to leave me more requests, ill get to them slowly but surely

anyways these are my links:
snapchat - bocaperrie
askfm - adanidaniahhh
twitter - cupcakeperrie
vine - dani

• Prompt #5: One Last Time •
word count: 423 words 💬

Cause if the water dries up, and the moon stops shining 💫

-A 💋