3.

POV: Severus Snape <3 <3 <3

Eventually Madam Pomphrey shoos Lily and the Marauders out of the hospital wing and I'm left to my thoughts.

A dangerous thing to be alone with I've found.

The older witch tries getting me to eat but I decline, ignoring the concerned glance she sends me.

She doesn't need to worry, really. I've gone longer than a few days without food...And anyways I'm not hungry.

Sighing I take to staring at the ceiling again, nothing better or more interesting to do in a hospital wing.

Besides, Madam Pomphrey threatened to bewitch me to my bed should I try to leave.

Terrifying woman at times.

And she left me with not even a book to read, or homework to study.

This it going to be a long visit...

---

"What exactly are we doing here again?"

"I'm hungry."

"The hell if I know, I agreed to leave him be not keep him company."

"I'm hungry."

"Should we wake him up or something?"

"Can we go get food or can I eat his?"

"No, he doesn't get enough sleep as it is let's not disturb him. We can wait."

Hushed voices speak, poking at my consciousness as I begin to wake.

One in particular, the last one to speak, stands out to me especially.

Lily?

I'm too tired to deal with her right now...

"He looks so peaceful when he's asleep. I wish you could see him when he was happy."

Lily continues.

I mentally will her to shut. Up.

"And when was that?" Another voice whispers back.

There's a long pause of silence and I think she's not going to answer.

I'm just about to fall asleep once more when Lily finally answers

"A long time ago..."

Silence ensues and I drift in and out of consciousness.

It's a seemingly long time until anyone speaks again, and when i hear what she has to say I wish she hadn't.

"Severus is really a sweetheart let me tell you. He is possible the grestest friend ive ever had. And i know he may seem all mean and tough but--"

I decide it's time to speak.

"Lily, do you ever shut up?" I groan, opening my eyes slowly.

Lily squeaks and punchs my arm, sending a shock of pain up my shoulder.

Grimacing slightly I flinch.

"Don't scare me like that Severus Tobias Snape!" She shrieks.

I swallow back the nausea that never fails to rise in me when someone yells.

Now's not the time.

"And you always get on to me for eavesdropping!" Lily shouts, not noticing my discomfort.

Lily is a great friend, truly she is, but sometimes she can be rather ignorant.

"I haven't meant to be eavesdropping, but it's a bit hard when you won't stop talking. And so loudly I might add." I snark back.