9.

James POV:

"But...but Prongs, that doesn't make sense at all!"

I roll my eyes.

"It makes perfect sense to me! Snape is the reason I feel so guilty, and me feeling guilty is the reason I don't feel good...

"It's simple really," I mutter.

Remus sighs deeply and Sirius gives me a look.

"James that's not - I don't kn - never mind," Moony stumbles over his words.

I just shrug my shoulders and take another sip of butterbeer.

It makes perfect sense.

They just don't get it.

Don't realize how important this is.

Because by merlins beard I will go back to liking myself.

"Hey!" I sing as I enter the hospital wing.

Snape looks up from his book.

"You're still reading!? Gosh and I thought Moony was a bookworm!" I chuckle, a smile plastered on my face.

"What do you want Potter? Now not really a good time. " Snape deadpans.

I plop down in the chair at his bed side and kick my feet up to where they're on his bed.

"Why to see my favorite Slytherin of course!" I say, my voice still filled with a forced cheeryness.

Snape rolls his eyes.

"Cut the crap and get your feet off," he instructs, pushing my feet off his bed.

My false smile drops for a second before I put it back on.

I'm trying this new tactic - being really nice to Snape.

If I'm nice, he'll like me, and if he likes me, we're friends.

I got the idea from some muggle saying Lily told me once.

You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.

I didn't really understand what she meant at the time but now it seems all too clear.

"I don't know what you mean Sev," I smile.

Snape glares.

"One: don't call me that, two: either spill what you want or get out, i don't have time for your shenanigans," he sneers.

Sighing my smile begins to fade.

Maybe if I tell him he'll warm up to me?

"Listen - " I start before I'm interrupted.

"What are you doing here I thought I told you to stay away!?" The angry voice of Lily Evans cuts through the air like a knife.

I flinch and spring up from the chair.

"Jeez! Lily! Give me a heart attack why don't you!?" I exclaim, holding my chest.

"Leave, Potter." She says sternly.

"And stop bothering Sev you've caused enough damage, what more could you be after?" She glares.

I glance at Snape, who just looks between Lily and me in mild suprise.

"Lily he's fine, he wasn't doing anyth - " Snape begins before I cut him off.

"Wait so she can call you Sev but I can't?" I smirk toward Snape.