5

James POV:

Goodboy!? What the bloody hell is wrong with you James!?

I try to remain impassive and continue to eat as I feel his eyes burning into me.

Glancing over at him quickly I see he is in fact staring, so I immediately turn my head and look in the other direction.

What the hell were you thinking!?

That small voice in my head screams at me.

I don't know! It seemed like the thing to say at the time.

I answer.

Yeah well now he's staring so act. Cool.

I turn to face Snape and open my mouth to say something cool when I'm interrupted by Lily.

"C'mon boys! Hurry or else we'll be late to potions!" She calls, already halfway out of the Great Hall.

Moony drags Padfoot away from some girl he was flirting with, and Peter stuffs a sandwich in his pocket then scurried away.

I quickly finish my food and stand up.

Snape attempts to do the same but fails as he begin to lose balance due to the cast.

As he continues to struggle getting up, and cursing under his breath fervently, I have to stifle a chuckle behind my hand.

I think he hears me because he looks up and glares.

"You could help you know. Instead of just standing there and laughing like a prick." He sneers, then goes back to trying to get up.

I know he's not being serious, just wanting to insult me, but I grin mischievously and walk forward.

"Hey...no no no what're you doing Potter?!" Snape says as I begin to pick him up bridal style.

"Potter! Potter put me down!" He yells.

The very few people still in the hall turn to look at us.

"Put. Me. Down." He seeths through gritted teeth.

I laugh.

"You said you wanted me to help." I chuckle and he glares.

I begin walking out of the hall and toward the dungeons.

Snape seems to have given up and just allows me to carry him.

"Carful on the stairs!" He exclaims and I grin.

Halfway down the stairs I pretend to almost drop him.

He exclaims out of fear and throws his arms around my neck, ready to hold on for dear life.

I laugh and laugh as we continue our descent, and strangely enough he keeps his hold around my neck.

We finally get to the bottom of the steps and we, or I walk and join everyone else in waiting outside Potions.

Everyone gives us strange looks, but they all go back to talking when Snape gives a menacing glare.

Slughorn opens the classroom door and everyone shuffles in.

"What the hell are you doing Prongs?" Sirius raises an eyebrow.

"He needed my help." I smirk down at Snape and he glares back.

"I did not you git."

"Yeah, just because his fat arse is too lazy to figure something out,  doesn't mean you need to carry him all that way."