Chapter 12 - Found Your Love

Two Years Later...

As I stepped out of my dressing room, I stretched out and braced myself for what was ahead, I couldn't help but smile. After all, I'm so freaking excited for today being the day that me and Rika finally get married. Rika and I were ready to do this a year ago, but when she and the rest of Merm4id got the offer to be the exclusive DJs for a resort on an island a bit away, we had to put everything on hold so we could get situated there. I'm not gonna be a commercial pilot like I wanted to be when I was younger since this island doesn't have an airfield or the like, and the time to get to the mainland means I'd not get as many chances to spend with Rika, who is always going to be my main priority. Luckily there is a nearby weather observatory and so I was able to get a position there. I guess my promise to my parents ended up working out after all.

I headed to the where the ceremony was to be held, and as I reached the altar, I sat on the step up to it, taking a deep breath.

"I'm really doing this, huh?" I said, a smile on my face. When I met her I never expected I'd ever marry a woman no matter how much I loved them, heck I didn't even know if I wanted to love again. But beside Rika, I've ended up healing and I've ended way stronger than I ever was before. Rika has changed me so much for the better, and as I remembered that, I stood back up, filled with that little bit more confidence as I waited for things to begin.

I sat off to the side of the altar as I watched our guests arrive, our friends and family all being here for us for this special moment. I quickly had my best man double check that everything was good before everyone had arrived, and a while our guests had finally fully arrived and our ceremony was beginning soon.

I took my place at the altar, and as the music started to play, I felt my nerves return a little bit. However, as the main doorway for the room began to open, I was instead overwhelmed with happiness, as I saw Rika come into the room in her wedding dress, a bouquet in her arms as her father walked down the aisle. I remembered her telling me of how she ended up getting to try on a wedding dress in the past, but any pictures she had from then came nowhere close to how beautiful she looked at that moment.

The time it took her to walk down the aisle to reach me seemed so long despite how short the distance was, and as she moved to stand across from me, I let out a small gasp at the sight of her. She's absolutely breathtaking.

A moment after she reached her position, the officiant began to speak "Today we are gathered here to join Y/n L/n and Rika Seto in holy matrimony. We will now begin." He turned to face Rika and said "Rika Seto, do you take this man to be your husband, to love through good times and bad, through sickness and health, as long as you both shall live?"

Smiling, Rika enthusiastically answered "I do."

The officiant turned to me and said "And you Y/n L/n, do you take this woman to be your wife, to love through good times and bad, through sickness and health, as long as you both shall live?"

I took a deep breath before I answered with a small smile on my face "I do."

The officiant then turned his attention to both of us as he said "Then by the power vested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now seal your vows with a kiss."

I took a step closer to Rika, and as I slid the wedding onto her finger and wrapped my hand around hers, I gave her a kiss. As I did I felt my worries completely melt away, and in that moment nothing mattered to me anymore beyond treasuring the woman I love.

When we finally parted our lips and took a step back, Rika tossed the bouquet out into the crowd, only for it to be caught by a girl with white hair.

After that moment, hand in hand, we walked down the aisle, not as boyfriend and girlfriend, or as fiances, but as husband and wife, something that despite being the same as always, felt so special.

—------------------------------------------------

At the reception, as everybody celebrated me and Rika's marriage, Rika was the one partying the hardest obviously. Heck, I would've been worried if the party girl I love so much didn't outpace me completely.

After a while I took a seat to relax for a minute, I looked over to see Rika enjoying herself and receiving well wishes from her friends, and I smiled. Rika and I are pretty different in how outgoing we are, but watching her enjoy herself is good enough on its own for me. After work, I'll hang out at the nightclub at the resort and watch her until her job's done, reinvigorated by her.

After a little bit, Rika headed to where I was sitting, and before she could get any words out, I wrapped my arms around her and gave her a kiss.

I pulled her close and said "I love you Rika, you're my biggest motivation and I know that while I may not be the extroverted person, with the two of us together, our lives will never be boring."

---------------------------------------------

A/n: And so our story comes to an end, and for once I didn't listen to the exact same song as I do with most wedding chapters. I had a ton of fun writing this, and I really like Rika so this was even more fun. I even think besides one or two hiccups early on that I tried to keep in mind in later chapters, this turned out pretty decent. Still, I know I can keep improving and doing better, and so I hope you all will stick around for what's to come in the future.

But before I end this, I want to tell you all one more time: thank you for enjoying Disco Volante