Snippet #2

S- Now our next special guest is one of Catwoman's sneaky assistants.

L- The beautiful beautiful actress who played the pink Pussycat, the rock singer with a crush on Robin. 

S- She's also a real life singer whose hits include California Nights, You Don't Own Me, It's My Party and Sunshine, Lollipops and Rainbows. She's Lesley Gore.

D- Lesley Gore?! That's my girl! 

L.G- Hello, everybody!

D- Hi, Lesley! Nice hairdo! 

L.G- *laughs* Oh, thank you, Deric.

L- Can you tell us about your Batman episode?

L.G- Well... I play a twenty-year-old singer dressed all in pink. Catwoman takes her on as her helper and has her drug Robin and turn him evil. 

D- You turn Robin evil?

L.G- Yes, he turns into a bad guy because I scratch him in the neck with some cataphrenic. It makes him fall in love with me and join Catwoman's side.

S- And what's the feline felon's plot this time?

L.G- What she really wants is money. So she steals cash and drugs Robin to keep Batman away. But then she decides to drug Batman too so he can love her.

S- That's some crazy plot if you ask me.

D- And I'm given to understand that you sang a couple of your songs on the episodes.

L.G- I did. I sang California Nights and Maybe Now. 

L- We mentioned your character has a crush on Robin. Did you and Burt Ward have chemistry off set?

L.G- Not really, but I did think he was interesting. 

D- Interesting how?

L.G- He's exactly the same as his character off the set. 

S- Does he use holies off set?

L.G- Yes he does, Sammy. When the producer decided for Robin and I not to kiss, Burt got so upset. He said "Holy catholic legion of decency, Howie!"

D- *laughs* That's funny! 

L.G- Very funny. And when he said that, he was yelling at my uncle. The Batman producer, Howie Horwitz is my uncle.

S- Wow! That's so cool! 

L- It's also so cool that Burt interested you this much.

D- I expect he's also the same because he runs up the side of the building. Without suction cups.

L.G- *laughs* No, Deric, he doesn't.

L- Well, thank you, Lesley. That was fascinating. 

S- You can see clips of Lesley on Batman in these three videos. 

D- And also check out this interview with her about the show to learn more about how she got involved.

L- Stay tuned.